The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the first actual car made its way to Ebay about 6 minutes ago. It is a KG with the touring package from Fox Valley Motors in Chicago. There are no bids yet, but the start price is $38330. It will be interesting to see how much they get for it (even with KG). Is anyone with an deposit at Fox Valley pissed off right now?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'd be pissed. Even if it's the demo, they're supposed to hold it for a certain period of time I believe. That's not cool at all...

·
Registered
252 Posts
One of the salesmen said on another thread that they bought the car from another dealer and it should not affect customer cars. Is this true? I don't know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
cantwaitforelise said:
One of the salesmen said on another thread that they bought the car from another dealer and it should not affect customer cars. Is this true? I don't know.
It is true that he said that it's from another dealership...:D whether he is telling the truth is another story...
If they wanna make a quick buck and reserve a car somewhere else and flip it right away thats cool...but that is not cool if it turns out to be their demo, because they are supposed to keep those for a while...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I can see this scenario - Dealer A swaps (I mean sells) a car with dealer B - they both then sell the cars to the highest bidder, either directly or via ebay. Neither did anything wrong, did they, since they were cars there customers werent going to get anyhow:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well, I believe it's not true.

If you look on their website, they have 3 lotus "Elite" 2005 for sale, blue, red and the krypton green on e-bay.

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/bcar.cfm?ID=2021323

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/bcar.cfm?ID=2022061

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/bcar.cfm?ID=2022062

It's their cars so they can do whatever they want with them, but it falls in the not cool for the customers that have been waiting for so long.

I wonder why they spelled it Elite instead of Elise, to avoid being found out by Google searchs?

I wonder how Lotus USA will feel about this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
cantwaitforelise said:
The midnight blue one they bought from a dealer
at above msrp with the intent of "flipping" it.
The krypton green one was refused by a customer,
apparently for a mistake on the color- customer hadn't
ordered krypton green, but his car came in that way.
I was there yesterday picking mine up- that's how
I know this stuff.

dan w

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Who prints the window stickers, Lotus USA or the dealer? If it's Lotus, then there's no denying it was delivered to FVMC, since it says so right there.

All three of their VIN numbers are really low:

Green SCCPC11145HL30055 eBay: 2485384935
Red SCCPC11125HL30006
Blue SCCPC11175HL30020

Did the press cars get standard US Fed VIN numbers? If so, *six* seems aweful low for a production car.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
danwasdahl said:
The midnight blue one they bought from a dealer
at above msrp with the intent of "flipping" it.
The krypton green one was refused by a customer,
apparently for a mistake on the color- customer hadn't
ordered krypton green, but his car came in that way.
I was there yesterday picking mine up- that's how
I know this stuff.

dan w
Well Kryton green is a very outrageous color. I would imagine most would refuse it if they didn't order it. You either love it or hate it... Or like it... but just not on your car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Who prints the window stickers, Lotus USA or the dealer? If it's Lotus, then there's no denying it was delivered to FVMC, since it says so right there.

All three of their VIN numbers are really low:

Green SCCPC11145HL30055 eBay: 2485384935
Red SCCPC11125HL30006
Blue SCCPC11175HL30020

Did the press cars get standard US Fed VIN numbers? If so, *six* seems aweful low for a production car.
If memory serves, SCCPC11125HL30006 was the car just infront of Chris' :)

"Can you blame the customer for not wanting that color" - YES !! Poor little Elise :( nobody loves it :(

I'd take it if it wasn't in Florida (for MSRP - I'm not rich) ..

·
Registered
866 Posts
My God that color is well......green. I would have taken teh car at a discount and repainted it. To me I can understand the frustration of having that color car instead of anything else. I would hope the dealer would try to rectify the situation by offer customers further down the "list" the option of taking that car, and giving their cars to the original buyer. However, the decision to sell these cars on ebay or through other methods seems misguided. While it is true that they can get a premium for the car now, that will not be the case in a few months. Then new 911 will be out, the new BMW's will be out, the new C6 will be more prevelent, and whiel these cars do not directly compete with the Elise, they will take some of the "buzz" off of this car. I am glad that the dealership I am with is more honest and straightforward with its customers. Another example of who Autostrada is a good choice, and this dealership is not.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I see to remember hearing back in the .com boom that 911s were being ordered incorrectly to the customer spec in the hope that the customer would refuse it and they could mark it up to seell from the lot.

There were also dealers who were swapping cars so that when a customer went in for their car, the dealer could claim it had been misdirected, but they could offer you this similar car for market price...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
That's what I was thinking TT.. there has to be a Krypton Green enthusiast further down their (long) waiting list. That would be the cool, if less profitable, thing to do.

What happened to the original order dude? Did he go to the back of the line? Was it his mistake to order green, or the dealers? I can imagine some tense moments...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Of course, you're all starting with the premise that a customer DID, in fact, reject the car. Just cause the salesman said that don't mean it's so.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts