The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I'll be there on the 6th as a Team Penske guest. I'd like to go on the 4th and 5th, but I don't think my cousin's getting a suite this year. :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
The BF and I have talked about going, and he's actually in town for it this year. I've never been - would be very interested in any input/information those with experience can provide.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've gone the last three or four years. What do you need to know?
Um...pretty much everything. I'm a complete n00b. :)

For instance, I'm looking at tickets, and wondering which day/days would be best, whether the paddock pass is worth it, etc.

Like I said, any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Personally, I am getting the 3 day general admin. On Fri, you get to sit on the stands. Not on Sat or Sun though. I plan on walking around hanging out in various places along the track. I am not quite clear though on where I can go w/ GA tickets. I assume everywhere but the stands and pits...

EDIT: Also, the actual Challange is at 1:25pm to 3:20pm on the 5th...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Um...pretty much everything. I'm a complete n00b. :)

For instance, I'm looking at tickets, and wondering which day/days would be best, whether the paddock pass is worth it, etc.

Like I said, any insight is appreciated.
Depends on what you like. I like the ALMS stuff, so Saturday would be worth it to me. It's not too terribly crowded, either. Sunday is pretty crazy, though. Be prepared to wait in line for just about everything on Sunday. Personally, I'm not big on the general admission tix as I like to be able to sit. Although, I will wander from corner to corner at times during the various races to get pics and stuff. The paddock pass is worth it to some extent. You can get pretty up-close and personal with the cars and that's about the only way you'll get any autographs. Friday or Saturday is better if you want to meet a driver. Ultimately, you won't spend much time there. It does make for a convenient shortcut to the other side of the track, though. :)

It's probably too late, but if you have the jack, I'd go with tickets for the VIP Pit Lane Club. THAT's the way to go.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I am not quite clear though on where I can go w/ GA tickets. I assume everywhere but the stands and pits...
Pretty much. Paddock (may be what you meant by pits) is off-limits, too. Personally, I like if I'm not in a seat, I like to watch from turns 2, 3, 10, and 11. From 11 you can see 10, 12, 13, and 14, so that's probably my favorite. I'd say that most passing happens in 1 and 4 as those strike me as the most significant braking zones.

Pre-race, you may want to hang around between the paddock and the track as the teams, cars, and drivers cross there and they clear a path for them to do so.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Anyone going tomorrow? I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday. I may have an extra ticket Saturday if you need one, depending on whether my buddies call me back in time. I got them on short notice and most everyone's got plans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts