1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
648 Posts
I hope you know Adam will be the host of the US version of TOP GEAR coming soon. His co-host is Tanner Foust from Drifting/Stunt driving/Rally fame. The other Co-host is just some handy man guy which is Adam's buddy so ehh on that. But It's nice to see that they aren't trying to screw up the concept too much.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you know Adam will be the host of the US version of TOP GEAR coming soon. His co-host is Tanner Foust from Drifting/Stunt driving/Rally fame. The other Co-host is just some handy man guy which is Adam's buddy so ehh on that. But It's nice to see that they aren't trying to screw up the concept too much.
Oh, yes, I'm well aware, and eagerly anticipating comparing him to Jeremy Clarkson. I just though I'd put up an article where he gives Lotus praise by name.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Carolla is right. Too bad he's named after a POS car!

Adam Corolla talks cars - Interview with Top Gear U.S. host, comic and DJ Adam Carolla - Celebrity Drive - Motor Trend

This picture drew my attention. My father had a 308GT4 from '76 - '82. He used to drive me to elementary school in it. I sat in the back seat.
Good memories... :clap:

And I had 2 of these: Adam Corolla talks cars - Interview with Top Gear U.S. host, comic and DJ Adam Carolla - Celebrity Drive - Motor Trend

Wish he and I never sold those cars.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Sent an e-mail out to their producer to see if maybe Adam (or someone smaller) would like to use one of our cars to test out...stilll waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Back when I used to sell cars at Symbolic of Beverly Hills, I tried selling Adam a 2002 Lotus Esprit Twin Turbo V8 but he ended him buying an M3 instead. Personally, I think his voice is too annoying for TV, but he's a nice guy.

Steve

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
The hardcore TG fans from Final Gear gave VERY positive reviews to the pilot taping they attended for the US Top Gear.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The hardcore TG fans from Final Gear gave VERY positive reviews to the pilot taping they attended for the US Top Gear.

I was in the audience as well, it was awesome!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wait till you see the segment on choosing the "reasonably priced car" it's very funny. I'd say they're holding as true to the BBC program as they can, without confusing Americans.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait till you see the segment on choosing the "reasonably priced car" it's very funny. I'd say they're holding as true to the BBC program as they can, without confusing Americans.

You mean they don't crush Soviet Ladas? But that's the fun part!

(The true Russian patriot in me sheds a tear for those cars. I the Soviet Union the Lada was considered a "fine" car. The car our family owned was a lot ****tier, a Zaporozhets. Rear-mounted 2-cylinder air-cooled engine, kinda like a VW bug, but much crappier build quality)

·
Registered
130 Posts
It may be hard to get used to a US version of Top Gear for those of us who have come to love the original. A bit like the UK versus US version of the Office. It would however be nice to see a little of "The Man Show" on Top Gear, such as girls on trampolines!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts