The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if it's been discussed, but Adam Carolla, who was originally going to do the US version of Top Gear, started his own podcast, carcast.
pretty good listening.

CarCast|Adam, Ganz, and the Weez Talk Cars

(previous link to his regular podcast, sorry 'bout that) Adam Carolla Podcast Archives | The Adam Carolla Podcast)

And in yesterdays show (8/14/09), about 55 minutes into it, he talks about the Elise's as a DD.
..and how they end up on ebay because people have back problems! hah. :D

here's a link to subscribe via iTunes

iTunes Store

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Already have back problems, but not from the Elise. Actually, my back was fine today. I was driving for well over 2 hours no problems. Foot got a bit tired though.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Interesting. It looks like the first link only contains his normal podcast, not the CarCast.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah i caught that too.. love the carcast. He's got another one where he talks a bit about the tesla roadster with Calacanis.

It's a great podcast and a must for pretty much every gear head, though I'd like to see him actually take out an Exige 260 for a few laps and still claim that the BMW is 'more car for the money' :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's a great podcast, though I agree that an M3 is not a substitute for an Elise, it's a completely different car.

Top Gear fans will also like the Adam Carolla Podcast from 8/19 with Eric Stromer, who was his co-host on the American Top Gear pilot. The episode is mostly them discussing the show, which has never been (and never will be) aired. It's a good listen.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I found the elise seats fine on the back....but my legs are 28" each, which made the car VERY uncomfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts