The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten their adaptive volume to work on the Touring stereo? It is suppossed to increase volume as you gain speed. Not sure it know how fast you're going, unless it has a speedo input (?!) or uses the tuning microphone. Either way, I'd like to use that feature. Otherwise I end up cranking the stereo down at every red light.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
In the manual it states that this only works if this function was activated during installation. I'm guessing they were supposed to hook something up during install that they didn't becasue mine does not work either.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I dont think it is hooked up to anything.

I played around with the microphone and got my equilizer to sound a lot better. I also adjusted the frequencies and the gain or loss. It sounds great when the car isnt moving or if it has the roof on. Once you go above 40 mph with the rood off, it sounds like crap. I had the same problem with my MG.

Back in the 80's Lotus was working on white noise technology to cancel out unwanted sounds inside of the Esprits. Too bad the microphone cant figure out how to cancel out the wind noise. Maybe I should try to set the equalizer settings using the microphone when the car is going 70 with the roof of to see if it makes any improvement. It is hard to keep your eyes on the road and adjust the equilizer settings when you are driving. Maybe I need a sound engineer as a passenger.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I just wish the radio was hooked up to the light circuit so that when the lights were on the display would be dimmer - I hate bright displays at night as it tends to decrease my night vision...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
TimMullen said:
I just wish the radio was hooked up to the light circuit so that when the lights were on the display would be dimmer - I hate bright displays at night as it tends to decrease my night vision...
If you have the touring radio, it has day and night settings that are adjustable. If you turn on your lights, it goes to the night setting.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I hope it never works on mine...

I have adaptive volume in my BMW and it annoys the hell out of me. They won't let you disable it, either.

·
Registered
592 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I hope it never works on mine...

I have adaptive volume in my BMW and it annoys the hell out of me. They won't let you disable it, either.
They know what is best for you :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
Has anyone gotten their adaptive volume to work on the Touring stereo? It is suppossed to increase volume as you gain speed. Not sure it know how fast you're going, unless it has a speedo input (?!) or uses the tuning microphone. Either way, I'd like to use that feature. Otherwise I end up cranking the stereo down at every red light.

elise doesnt have a speed sensor. so its not hooked up.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
xxxotic said:
If you have the touring radio, it has day and night settings that are adjustable. If you turn on your lights, it goes to the night setting.
Nope. Standard radio. The manual for the radio shows a wire to control the brightness of the display (lights on/off), but apparently it's not hooked up.

This feature is one of the major things that I look for when I've had to install an aftermarket radio in a car...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
TimMullen said:
Nope. Standard radio. The manual for the radio shows a wire to control the brightness of the display (lights on/off), but apparently it's not hooked up.

This feature is one of the major things that I look for when I've had to install an aftermarket radio in a car...
Mine has this, but the car is younger than yours by a fair amount. Maybe you can pick up a newer base/touring radio from someone who is installing something bigger/bettter/heavier. :)

I'm actually pretty pleased with the one I got. The clock is either 12 or 24 hours, you can set it up to show you the time all the time, it plays MP3s if you burn them to a CD, you can get the display to match the color of the rest of the dash. (except for the "blue dot" button. Doesn't sound too great, but I assume thats the speakers/size of the car.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Re: speed sensor

elise seeker said:
whaddya mean it doesn't have a speed sensor? the mph display is based on what then??

This is what lotus sent me a while back.

Thankyou for your enquiry. This is what our guys had to say-;

The pulse signal from each of the four wheel speed sensors to
the ABS
contoller is calibrated to 24295 pulses per mile. Input to the
ABS
controller on terminals 9/10 (RR), 12/13 (RF), 14/25 (LF), 22/23
(LR).
This is then transferred to the engine ECM which it leaves as
digital signal
via a CAN link from terminals 79/65 to instrument pack terminals
C1/C7."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts