The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been a long time member since I purchased my Elise approx 6 years ago, it has been the best toy I’ve ever owned while daily driving a Chevy Cobalt, LOL - Cobalt finally died so I upgraded my daily driver to a ‘13 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Needless to say after daily driving it the last 4 months its unreal and I love every second behind the wheel. But it just doesn’t compare to carving up the twists in the Elise which still makes it the superior weekend companion. Thank you to the British for these two wonderful cars!

Reactions: XHILR8N!

·
Less is Better
2,704 Posts
I have the same two cars. The Vantage is great, raw, powerful, sounds magnificent. But the Elise is on another level for diving enjoyment.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A perfect description - you have a good taste in cars :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great choice in cars! I was thinking about a V12 Vantage for a weekend car, but a 400 fell into my lap so I got it instead. Hard to go wrong with your stable! Love it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
San Antonio!
Small world! Me too! I've not seen a black Elise in town all this time.
My exotic pair is my 2006 ardent red supercharged Elise and my pearl white Alfa Romeo 4C coupe.

I don't really like to drive my cars a ton in the city and usually hold them for a back road drive on a day off.

Lovely Aston. I love those cars, though don't know if I could ever enjoy owning one long term just because of the weight. I had a C7 Corvette and the experience dried up once I was past the power because I'm just so used to lighter cars (I have 2 NC Miatas with forced induction). Once the 4Cs got reasonably priced, I made the move and just looove driving any of my fleet now just like you do. Cheers!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, I will keep an eye out! I have had the elise for many years so I only take it out maybe once every few months - Used to go to all the car shows but they got old. Lol - I am sure we will run into eachother at some point - I live downtown at the Hyatt and have seen a Red Elise on Market St several times walking the dog, it must be you!

taylor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts