The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been asked ad nauseum, but I've not had much luck finding a thread with the info I'm looking for...

Does anyone have a full list of parts (and part numbers) for what would be required to "upgrade" an '06 to the Supercharger system that's used in the '07 S? What about maybe just the parts list/manual (I have the service manual supplement, but have not had any luck finding the parts list) for the '07 S?

Thanks.

~Rich

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Not aware of anyone doing this. Even if the parts were available, it would be much more cost effective to get the Katana supercharger. My guess is that the total parts cost for OEM Lotus stuff would be a 5-digit number.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
a couple of people have talked about it, for ASP scca ( i think ) BWR were going to do a kit for it.

there is a list on elisetalk somewhere. randy did it i'm fairly sure.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I think Westrock used the Katana kit, then bought the OEM parts necessary to make that Katana installation into an OEM copy. Ask him.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
wait...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
the factory will come good at some point.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm probably going to buy a Katana, or Charlie's new kit, eventually, but I'm curious as to the cost differential between aftermartket and OEM. As for selling the car and getting a new one, its not going to happen for a number of reasons.

I really doubt Lotus will ever make good on selling an upgrade. Unless that's what they're going to release for '09 instead of a more powerful 'S'.

Thanks for the info guys, at least now I can narrow my searches.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
everyone knows that natural lotuses are a gateway drug you sell this one and the new owner will eventually need a hit of boost... its a vicious cycle!

·
Registered
87 Posts
everyone knows that natural lotuses are a gateway drug you sell this one and the new owner will eventually need a hit of boost... its a vicious cycle!
wish someone would've let me in on this little secret 2 months ago (when I bought my N/A Exige)...already thinking about upgrading...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The factory install list is not 100%. Somewhere I have a list of bits here and there. One thing is, Lotus recently increased some of the pricing dramatically... I would think they just don't want people doing this. :)

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I have an '07 Exige S stock intercooler and stock intercooler tubes for sale, PM me if interested.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Randy, I've seen some of the prices of parts and yes a few are ridiculous... $180 a peice of IC couplings? I feel like one could get much higher quality Silicone ones for much less price, same with hose clamps, some of the hardware, etc. I doubt I'll go this way, I just would kick myself later if I didn't spend some time chasing it down. Do you happen to remember off the top of your head if it requires changing wiring harnesses?

Thomasio, I'm not in the market right now, wish I was, but I'd hate to buy parts and end up not going in that direction.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No change to wiring harnesses.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts