The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to add a wideband gauge to my exige in the near future but I don't want to hack up my interior. I want to put it in the engine bay behind the glass between the intercooler and be able to glance at it from my rear view mirror. However, I am not sure if the gauge can survive the engine bay temps? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
is there an easy way to run the wire through the sill? im putting one in next week have really thought about the mounting part,

?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
on the exige, when i moved it to the cockpit, i went through the passenger side of the car, theres a hole behind the passenger seat that you can get to through the side scoop. elise might be similar.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
thanks.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I ran my driverside, all you have to do is take the rear driver wheel off and the wheel liner. Mainly I picked that side since that is where my 3rd O2 bung was at. Didn't even have to remove rear panel. Just flexed it out enough to grab the wire with a coat hanger (mine was probably easier since I removed my 3 point seat belts though). Couple hours work, not too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts