The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn right now as I shop for an Esprit.

I owned a 91 SE, so I want something different, but I am not sure I am a V8 man with all the extra costs that it requires to buy and repair.

So I am thinking a S4s would be meeting in the middle. But if I could add some of the V8 bits, that might get me closer to where I was heading in the first place.

Despite doing some searches, I haven't found much info on what it takes to add items like V8 wheel arches. I see lots of I4 cars with the V8 wheels, but I am not sure if they bolt right on to an S4s, or they need adapters.

I have also seen the 2002+ tail lights and the center exhaust added to some older V8's, but again, I am not finding the details/costs on what it takes to do these mods to an S4s, if it's possible.

Does anyone have experience in this area, or links they can post for me here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
For what you will spend to get an S4 or an S4s and then to modify it with expensive V-8 bits you might just as well consider a V-8. Another point is that there are not a whole lot of S4 or S4s's on the market to pick from, you have a wider selection of V-8's. The price is down on all cars, maybe you can find a V-8 that is affordable. Just be careful and pick a good one. All of the V-8 bits can be modified to fit the S4 or the S4s. Lotus did exactly that, just the other way around, they made the S4s fit the V-8 bits! If you are planning on adding the fender extensions be prepared for a LOT of body work and paint. Same for the newer rear tailight panel.
David Teitelbaum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts