The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
About 7 years ago I purchased Gaz adjustables. They have worked well over the years but after the last 2 drives the front end feels sloppy and the wheels started to rub the wells. My guess is the adjustable shocks have seen better days. Anything else I should look out for?
Thanks. Jason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I've never had any shocks (adjustable or otherwise) that I felt were any good after 60k miles.

But I have also noticed that adjustables get a little bad after being at one setting for a long time. To me it seems to help if you soften them all the way, drive around a bit, and then go back to your normal setting. It's as if all the the valving takes a setting if left too rigid for too long.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I thought I read once that temperature change is hard on shocks and struts in general, like if your car sits outside in summer and winter it breaks them down.
I have spax adjustables and I am in need of new shocks, they are shot.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
My daily drivers have had adjustables for ever ~300,000miles, and the always sit out in all kinds of weather, and get driven in all kinds of weather. The shocks definitely do get firmer in colder weather, but they always last about 60k, which is the same as the factory suspension did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts