The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Federal Elise which I've brought to the EU. My head unit is the Blaupunkt Acapulco, which comes standard with the touring pack.

The problem is the radio station frequencies. In the US, they all end in odd numbers (i.e. .1, .3, .5, etc), while where I am, they all end in even numbers (e.g. .2, .4, etc). The radio does not let you tune into stations ending in an even number. So for example, if I want to listen to a station at 93.2, I can only tune to 93.1 or 93.3, and I can't receive the station well.

I assume the radio is actually possible of tuning to such stations -- is there some type of undocumented procedure for enabling it to do so? I looked in the manual but it isn't mentioned there. If this same radio is sold in the EU market, then it should be possible.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Most radios can be switched.
I don't know about all.
Have you checked with blaupunkt?
If it isn't in the manual, maybe it won't?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I have the Los Angeles model and it lets you select either USA or Europe, and if you hit Europe, it also switches the AM frequencies to a different band than what is used in the US and it looks like it has a travel alert feature on it that only works in Europe.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Los Angeles model and it lets you select either USA or Europe, and if you hit Europe, it also switches the AM frequencies to a different band than what is used in the US and it looks like it has a travel alert feature on it that only works in Europe.
I couldn't find information about this in the manual for the Acapulco model:
http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/AcapulcoMP54.pdf

How is it done on the Los Angeles model? Maybe that will work.

I emailed Blaupunkt USA yesterday to ask -- no reply.

There is no official Blaupunkt in Estonia. I called one dealer and they don't know how to do it. I called another and he's looking into it.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I couldn't find information about this in the manual for the Acapulco model:
http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/AcapulcoMP54.pdf

How is it done on the Los Angeles model? Maybe that will work.

I emailed Blaupunkt USA yesterday to ask -- no reply.

There is no official Blaupunkt in Estonia. I called one dealer and they don't know how to do it. I called another and he's looking into it.
I've looked all over and I cannot find any reference to changing frequency step on the Acapulco. FWIW, here's how it's done on the Los Angeles:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts