The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2005 Elise, and when doing the test drive, I realized that with the top on, I could not adjust the interior rear view mirror to the point that I could look out of the back window.

I'm a fairly tall guy, and when looking at the mirror, I end up seeing too low down in the cabin. If I try to tip the mirror up, it bumps into the trim panel covering the seam between the windshield and the hard top. The owner's manual doesn't seem to mention any adjustment of the mirror.

Other than simply tilting the mirror around, are there other adjustments possible? I don't have the car with me yet, so I can't poke around it at the moment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just wait till it falls off (mine did), after it fell off I realized how much better it could see through the windshield with it gone. It’s been off for a couple of years now, I just use the side mirrors
“Remember what’s behind you is not important, it’s what’s in front of you that’s important” said with an Italian accent

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
367 Posts
Just wait till it falls off (mine did), after it fell off I realized how much better it could see through the windshield with it gone. It’s been off for a couple of years now, I just use the side mirrors
“Remember what’s behind you is not important, it’s what’s in front of you that’s important” said with an Italian accent
Well, if you track, you're probably wanna want that rear view directly out the window. Especially if you do HPDE sessions. Have you thought about relocating it? Noel

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
The stock mirror came from some normal sized car, too big anyway. Get the micro mirror.

Or just take it off “and never look back”

I replaced the side mirrors with the very wide angle ones, so I do really use that small micro mirror on track to better judge the distance to any following cars, easier to know if and when to point by.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't remember if the front padded panel related to the hard top can interfere with raising the OEM mirror. I'm 6'1" and my sightline is very close to the top of the windshield so I removed it to allow better visibility out of the windshield. Also the OEM mirror almost completely blocked my view out of the right-hand side of the windshield to I opted for the MicroMirror.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts