The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree! Glad to see I'm not the only one. It's terrible. Can't even use the back arrow key to get back to lotus talk. This is on the iPad. Only way out is to shut down the browser completely and start over.

-Paul

·
Registered
438 Posts
yep. Ipad (and Ipod touch). Totally UNACCEPTABLE. I deleted the LT bookmark from IOS devices and wont browse the page from my
Apple devices any longer. Thanks, AG.

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Hi.

I saw this too. Something running JavaScript. Every time I get the window the address has rackcdn.com in it. Turned JavaScript off in Safari and no more issues. But now most pictures do not show up and I cannot post. I mostly use the iPad to read the posts so I do not miss it. I use the PC for all other browsing.

It does seem to only happen with this site when I open a new tab. It must be something they are allowing. Shame on them for allowing this.

-Alex

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I haven't seen much out of the clowns that run this site to lead me to believe they know what they're doing.

As an alternative have you tried using Tapatalk? I use it on my mobile devices and have zero complaints.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've had to stop reading it on my ipad too, so I guess they're biting themselves in the foot by driving away viewers by placing more ads (or in the case of the ipad it's pure spam)....

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Sorry for these ads guys. They are not supposed to ever be ads like this on the site, but for some reason they are by-passing our filters and getting here. While we are working on fixing that bigger problem, we are doing a short term fix by specifically blocking the ads as they show up.

So I need the links to those ads when you get them. Copy and paste the url here and I'll file a block.

Kevin

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Hey guys if you see any of this ads, please provide us with the URL and the device you are using. Also if you can add your IP address that will help us block this ads.

Thank you :)

~ Glenda

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Adding what I have found.

If I am not logged into LT, I get selected/hijacked within 2 min while searching/reading LT.
If I log in, I can search/read LT without issue.

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Sorry for these ads guys. They are not supposed to ever be ads like this on the site, but for some reason they are by-passing our filters and getting here. While we are working on fixing that bigger problem, we are doing a short term fix by specifically blocking the ads as they show up.

So I need the links to those ads when you get them. Copy and paste the url here and I'll file a block.

Kevin
Hey guys if you see any of this ads, please provide us with the URL and the device you are using. Also if you can add your IP address that will help us block this ads.

Thank you :)

~ Glenda
Heya guys we need this info to report them.

Jeff M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts