The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last week or two, I've been noticing Lotustalk.com starts to spin constantly (probably loading advertisements). If I leave a page open for over 5-10 minutes, the page will eventually hang and I need to restart my browser.

I work in IT and tried this on both Mac and PC and in multiple browsers. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
No issues here, but I'm also using Chrome with Adblock and Disconnect extensions.

·
Super Moderator
Exige S260
1,842 Posts
Chrome with AdBlock works really good, it also helps to load other websites faster.

·
He's on fire!
3,163 Posts
count me in as one where the adverts bring the site to a dead crawl. I don't have this issue on any other website i visit. I just come here less now.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I use adblock and the classic skin which makes the website work perfectly.

User CP -> Edit Options -> Forum Skin -> Classic

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
chrome + adblock extension. no ads.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I got Lifetime membership so I didn't have to see the ads peppered through out the threads. If I don't log in the site will crash/lock up.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Don't expect too much from AutoGuide Group (owner's of this site). From what we've all seen in the last year, the online marketplace that lacks encryption, has no privacy policy, and requests your CC to buy things, to the constant advertising annoyances (remember the password reset videos?).

Monitoring performance of websites isn't difficult by any means; however AutoGuide owns over a hundred different forums (see a list) which I doubt they really pay that much attention to outside of Ad revenue.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
This site is the most ad-heavy I've ever seen (even logged in it's TERRIBLE), and I've hated it for a long time because of it. Just being honest. And for the record, I pretty much have a super computer and 100 MB connection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts