The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone on here has used their Lotus to market their business. With so many people being attracted to the car it seems it may be a good idea to throw something on the car regarding your business.

If anyone has, what has been your results, any new business, etc.?

Also, I'm thinking of doing some magnet type of advertisement and placing it on the driver and passenger side door. Anyone know where or how to find something like that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
SweetdaddyJ should be able to make one for you, he is the local expert with good prices. I think he makes stickers and removable ones too

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Was wondering if anyone on here has used their Lotus to market their business. With so many people being attracted to the car it seems it may be a good idea to throw something on the car regarding your business.

If anyone has, what has been your results, any new business, etc.?

Also, I'm thinking of doing some magnet type of advertisement and placing it on the driver and passenger side door. Anyone know where or how to find something like that?

Thanks!
I put mine out in front of the restaurant with a BIG sign on the top. (Coronas 99 Cents and Pabst 69 cent specials) The city of Pasadena does not allow us to put branded signs facing the street. But, can't stop vehicular advertizing. Since I do a lot of advertizing don't know how good it works, but have had some new customers mention it.

I have absolutely no shame, I'm thinking of wrapping it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so the magnet thing was a bad idea...sorry.

I have some shame, but border on no shame...the Rules of Professional Conduct prevent me from doing some stuff, but I think a simple sign on the side wouldn't be too over the top.

By the way, where can I find the 69 cent PBR?!? It wouldn't have a blue ribbon if it wasn't the best!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a spec sheet printed up.

I had a real nice piece designed and printed which I give to people whenever a conversation gets going. It's got all the cars specs along with pictures.
They always really appreciate it.
Then I tell them what is also included inside the four-folded handout.
Inside it s my life story chronicling my victory over alcoholism/drug addiction/arseholism.
I guess in a way this is marketing, marketing hope to anyone who's stuck like I was.

Dave

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Double stick carpet tape on the back of the magnetic sign works well for my advertising.................

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I have advertised on my Lotus, and I happen to know a guy you can get some great stuff from! lol. I make magnets but as pointed out they don't work out so hot on the Lotus. When I put specials on the side of my car for my tanning salon people thought I was crazy, it didn't stop it from getting any less attention though, which got the message across I wanted. Then when people took photos of the car, they had a pic of my business name and special too. i used regular high performance vinyl and when I wanted to remove it, it took about 10 minutes. I left the reflective windscreen and rear window banners in place though regardless if there was something on the sides or not.

I'll probably through a promotion for my graphics business on it soon.

Let me try to round up a couple pics.....
Oh, here is a member here I made static graphics for. The silver car is not mine, just the orange one.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks great...I will be in touch with you soon!!! I'm opening my own practice at the beginning of March and thought I could get some good marketing via this method...looks like you're the man to talk to. Again, I'll be in touch soon.

Do I need to get you the layout and font I need or can I give you the language I want and have you do the design? Thanks!

I have advertised on my Lotus, and I happen to know a guy you can get some great stuff from! lol. I make magnets but as pointed out they don't work out so hot on the Lotus. When I put specials on the side of my car for my tanning salon people thought I was crazy, it didn't stop it from getting any less attention though, which got the message across I wanted. Then when people took photos of the car, they had a pic of my business name and special too. i used regular high performance vinyl and when I wanted to remove it, it took about 10 minutes. I left the reflective windscreen and rear window banners in place though regardless if there was something on the sides or not.

I'll probably through a promotion for my graphics business on it soon.

Let me try to round up a couple pics.....
Oh, here is a member here I made static graphics for. The silver car is not mine, just the orange one.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
If you were advertising something automotive related, I would say that this would almost certainly be a positive. However, you must remember that most people assume this is an exotic car that is extremely expensive. And especially during a time that the economy is struggling, you should consider how many people will view this car with contempt.

You face a double whammy as a lawyer. A lawyer advertising his business on an exotic car will be perceived by many as flaunting the amount of money he extracts from the system. Will there be some who respond positively to the car and ad, yes. However, I imagine that there will be majority that view it negatively.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
That looks great...I will be in touch with you soon!!! I'm opening my own practice at the beginning of March and thought I could get some good marketing via this method...looks like you're the man to talk to. Again, I'll be in touch soon.

Do I need to get you the layout and font I need or can I give you the language I want and have you do the design? Thanks!
You can do either way. I'll work with you on a design for a reasonable hourly rate or if you can provide the art in a ready to cut format (.eps, .ai) I will be happy to make your design as well.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you were advertising something automotive related, I would say that this would almost certainly be a positive. However, you must remember that most people assume this is an exotic car that is extremely expensive. And especially during a time that the economy is struggling, you should consider how many people will view this car with contempt.

You face a double whammy as a lawyer. A lawyer advertising his business on an exotic car will be perceived by many as flaunting the amount of money he extracts from the system. Will there be some who respond positively to the car and ad, yes. However, I imagine that there will be majority that view it negatively.
I want a lawyer who isn't starving and driving a Corolla. I'd think he is successful and wins his cases. On top of that he might just be a fun guy too. It presents an image of quality and being good at what you do (including marketing yourself) Get your name out there in as many ways possible. What is important is when they need your service, your name comes to their mind. If you need a lawyer do you really think you are going to win your case with a bargain basement one? I would assume a good Dr. or Lawyer would be able to afford a good car.
My advertisement had a ridiculously cheap price right on it, so hey if I was able to pay for my car while giving a great deal, all the better for everyone right? I think when I just had my car out front all the time, people viewed me as the expensive place. Which I was fine with. I wanted the reputation of being the BEST more than being the cheapest. I figured the guy up the street could have the lowballers. But when I ran a cheap ad on the car, the amount of attention (and sales) I got was great. Was it a limited offer? Of course. Did it get them in the door? You betcha. I used that intro to sell a ton of upgrades. I got customers in the door that were paying $30 a session on my high end equipment (and getting naked to get airbrushed) that came in for that 10 for $20 offer. (good for 20 days. loaded up the cheap beds, and if you didn't want to wait you could pay an upgrade to get into the big ones. Once people did once then they usually always did after that) Any advertising I did right at my place- the car, signs, banners, etc was always way more effective than mailers, coupons, post cards, beer coasters, wet T-shirt contest sponsorships, etc.

And it's not like it is an incredibly expensive car. I don't think anyone would think it out of the realm of a successful attorney. If you can't afford an attorney the court will appoint one to you. You could spend a lot more on other vehicles such as a Mercedes or Range Rover. If people do know what a Lotus costs (and it's not very hard to find out) they may even view him a savvy individual, able to get a lot for his money. That very well may transfer over to their perception of how he will run his business for them too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts