The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Elise Driver
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
A paper template would be perfect, so that if anyone wants to have it they could just download the file. Thank you, thank you, thank you!:bow:

·
Registered
78 Posts
ive your going to do it, stop messing about and do it properly, use a proper vent that deflects the air passing over the clam to create a lower pressure zone at vent exit to help with relieving with wheel arch pressure.

Yes mine look rather industrial but thats because im not bothered about looks, more performance, you could happily trim them and then mould them into the clam so its all one piece if desired.

For reference they cost $12 per pair

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
ive your going to do it, stop messing about and do it properly, use a proper vent that deflects the air passing over the clam to create a lower pressure zone at vent exit to help with relieving with wheel arch pressure.

Yes mine look rather industrial but thats because im not bothered about looks, more performance, you could happily trim them and then mould them into the clam so its all one piece if desired.

For reference they cost $12 per pair
Where did you purchase those louvers?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where did you purchase those louvers?
Ebay. Came from china. They are designed for marine application. Took me 6months to find some as most vents are designed to just let heat out of a bonnet when the car is stationary and dont work very effective for venting arches atclam designedr you s2 it will be much easier to fit these as you have a nice flat section on top to put them. The s1 is nothing but curves so was had to take a bit of the strength out of the vent to get it to bend to shape.

And what about the rear wheel arches, don't they get any vents?
If your talking to me then I dont run arch liners so all the rear pressure is distributed into the engine bay and the entire rear section of my clam is open so it has about a 24" ×24" to vent to. Also my dual element wing creates a low pressure zone at the clam exit helping to extract the air from the clam. I will be trimming off the lower section of my clam off but thats more to minimise drag than reduce lift.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Ebay. Came from china. They are designed for marine application. Took me 6months to find some as most vents are designed to just let heat out of a bonnet when the car is stationary and dont work very effective for venting arches atclam designedr you s2 it will be much easier to fit these as you have a nice flat section on top to put them. The s1 is nothing but curves so was had to take a bit of the strength out of the vent to get it to bend to shape.

If your talking to me then I dont run arch liners so all the rear pressure is distributed into the engine bay and the entire rear section of my clam is open so it has about a 24" ×24" to vent to. Also my dual element wing creates a low pressure zone at the clam exit helping to extract the air from the clam. I will be trimming off the lower section of my clam off but thats more to minimise drag than reduce lift.
Nice work.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Old thread...

This is what I did with a 3D cheap printer. 3D printer is more accessible than ever. Not perfect, but still pretty cool for me.

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts