The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I had someone at the Lotus dealership adjust the front hatch on my car because on the road it would shake too much as if its going to fly off. He tightened a few screws here n there and indeed the hatch has been tightened well and it dosnt shake. However it seems one side has been tightened a little more than the other. As a result on the right side theres more spacing between the hatch and the grill. Do you guys know which screws need loosening/tightening in order to space the correctly in between both grills?

Notice how on the left its level with the the body and on the right side its slightly elevated and not in line with the body

(excuse the dirt, it just rained!)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup I tried, I think it seems a bit better. I'm gona try adjust some of the screws. The dealership is a bit far so not gona take it for something so small.

·
Registered
220 Posts
IMO the latch on that cover is overkill, it's like a truck latch from a '77 Buick land yacht.
you would think you could loose some weight by removing it and replacing with some of the "super" velcro they use on the door sills, sure it hold it well enough and wouldn't go anywhere as hard as the sills are to get off :) but thats Lotus for ya

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You may want to do the ziptie to keep the release cable in place and not get locked out while you are up there (if you hadn't already). See squid's thread on it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
IMO the latch on that cover is overkill, it's like a truck latch from a '77 Buick land yacht.
you would think you could loose some weight by removing it and replacing with some of the "super" velcro they use on the door sills, sure it hold it well enough and wouldn't go anywhere as hard as the sills are to get off :) but thats Lotus for ya
Don't forget the stop speed the Evora is capable of. Lotus had to design something that would hold reliably at that speed, even if most drivers never go there. :shift:

I'm not sure Velcro of any kind is trustworthy above 160. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Don't forget the stop speed the Evora is capable of. Lotus had to design something that would hold reliably at that speed, even if most drivers never go there. :shift:

I'm not sure Velcro of any kind is trustworthy above 160. :shrug:
I can confirm that. You guys have no idea how much the whole from vibrates at high speed (but the Evora is here no different from anything else I've driven).TADTS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts