The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are looking to go to the Outer Banks in NC in May 2011. Needed to know if anyone has taken the toll ferry between Cedar Island and Ocracoke Island and if so would there be any clearance problems bringing the Lotus onto the Ferry? Also,any forseen issues for the free ferry between Ocracoke Island to Hatteras Island?

Also, has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in Corolla?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Haven't ... but I've heard of others with similiar cars take 2 lenths of 2 x 8's to use for ramps if / when needed. Would take up a bit of room in the trunk, but worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
My wife and I are looking to go to the Outer Banks in NC in May 2011. Needed to know if anyone has taken the toll ferry between Cedar Island and Ocracoke Island and if so would there be any clearance problems bringing the Lotus onto the Ferry? Also,any forseen issues for the free ferry between Ocracoke Island to Hatteras Island?

Also, has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in Corolla?
If you're coming from MI you shouldn't need to ride the ferries at all unless its for fun. You can access the islands from the north by bridge

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, we'll actually be coming from the Smoky Mtns in TN as we have a condo there and will be going to the OBX via Moorhead City on the way back to Michigan.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP Anybody got any info for me ?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts