The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I wasn't sure how to move this thread from one topic to another, sorry for the repost.)

Hey guys -

I have a dilemma. I've got a trackday coming up on Thursday and have to choose between using the following wheels/tires (due to my lack of planning!):

1 - OEM non-LSS wheels with Advan Neova AD07 (OEM) tires that are nearly to the wear bars in the rear (front are fine). Note: just checked the mfg dates on these and they are the originals from my car I believe -- 2004.

*OR*

2 - LSS wheels with used Yokohama A048s. These tires have decent tread depth all around but are somewhat old. Rears are marked mfg 2008 and fronts 2003!

I was leaning toward the LSS wheels with A048s but someone mentioned that if those A048s were old and hard, I might actually be better off with the other tires (which are almost at the wear bars in the rear).

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
you still have 2 days. Be creative you can get decent tires in that timeframe.

Call around to the local discount tires and similar. You need new tires anyway so why take a risk.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Vince - check with Rob at Dietsch Werks and see if/what he has in stock. Might have Toyos or Dunlops.

Have fun at THill!!!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I had to finally replace my Advan tires and could no longer find the replacements I did a lot of research and landed on Falken Azenis tires.

I have used up one set of the rears and I'm just barely onto my new set of Azenis. I have done 3 track days on these tires and found them to perform almost exactly the same at the OEM Advan's did. Best part is they are a little less expensive and Discount Tire Company usually has some in stock between 2-3 locations.

I've been quite happy with mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts