The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, you read that correctly. I'm gearing up to sell my little monster. I have one or two minor items to take care of on the car before it goes on the market but wanted to get everyone's opinion --- should I try to sell now, during the winter, or hold onto it until spring (presumably when people are in the market for sports cars)?

Not sure if it matters but as a brief reminder these are the details:

2006 Exige Aspen White
Honda K24A2 swap with MPx90 supercharger
Air to Water charge cooling (intercooler in manifold from MercRacing, with BOE front heat exchanger)
No AC
AliTech shifter

EDIT: And for the inevitable Why Are You Selling question... I am getting to the point where I just wanted a dedicated track toy and the Exige is too much for that. Too much power, too much money, too much worry. So I will be getting something cheap and light that won't slow me down because of how much I'll be worrying about how expensive it is to replace or repair if I damage it.

·
He's on fire!
3,293 Posts
You should message @kfennell and if he dont want it, wait

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should message @kfennell and if he dont want it, wait

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oh, hmm. I know that @kfennell was building an Exige but didn't know he might be looking for another one....

I know that LotusTalk doesn't like people throwing up feeler threads in the Classifieds section. So maybe I'll just wait until spring to list it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you're ready to sell, don't wait and list it now. You never know when the right buyer will come along especially for these cars. Even if it doesn't sell until spring, you're not really losing anything by listing it now.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're ready to sell, don't wait and list it now. You never know when the right buyer will come along especially for these cars. Even if it doesn't sell until spring, you're not really losing anything by listing it now.
You make a good point. I need to replace the thermostat and relocate the IAT sensor. After that, she'll be ready to go.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Oh, hmm. I know that @kfennell was building an Exige but didn't know he might be looking for another one....

I know that LotusTalk doesn't like people throwing up feeler threads in the Classifieds section. So maybe I'll just wait until spring to list it.
IMHO you haven't slipped into the feeler thread area because you're not asking how much it's worth, etc., just asking about when to sell it. Definitely the Spring. This time of year people are starting to put their toys away, and worry about the expense of the holidays.

San

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMHO you haven't slipped into the feeler thread area because you're not asking how much it's worth, etc., just asking about when to sell it. Definitely the Spring. This time of year people are starting to put their toys away, and worry about the expense of the holidays.

San
Haha, for sure. I knew asking for opinions on pricing would push this thread into Feeler territory. I'll be doing my own market research elsewhere. But first, need to check these last two items off the list and then I'll consider the car fully sorted. What a sad thought.... I've had such an crazy journey with this car it's been such a constant in my life and has afforded me chances to meet some great people and I've learned SO much through the years because of it and this forum.

I looked back at my first posts on LotusTalk (back when I was 24!!!) and one of them was me asking how many intakes a car has! Haha, oh how ignorant I was!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Buyers for our cars will buy a car any time of the year, specially an Exige. You are not losing anything in showing your car now to any potential buyers.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I want many less cars please!!!

It's too late for me to buy it now, im neck deep in my sequential K24 build which I started on because I got the K24 and sequential SUPER cheap.

Also as butters already knows... If you have a free drivetrain it can still cost $20k to make the swap complete and good....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
you guys should get into rc car racing... same stuff at 1/10th the price! LOL
and much cheaper when you crash

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want many less cars please!!!

It's too late for me to buy it now, im neck deep in my sequential K24 build which I started on because I got the K24 and sequential SUPER cheap.

Also as butters already knows... If you have a free drivetrain it can still cost $20k to make the swap complete and good....
Haha, too bad I didn't know this was happening, I would've reached out to you! Good luck with your build. It looks like it's going to be a BEAST! And if you know of anyone looking for something similar, send 'em my way (in a few months)!

·
Less is Better
2,704 Posts
Awe man, that's sad to hear. But I have to admit, I mentioned to Mike a long time ago that your car, with all that power, is going to be a lot to handle on a track. If you can swing a track car AND the Exige, do it. The Lotus is such a unique car within a small niche of cars and then you've gone and made it even moreso that it's worth keeping if you still like it. Miatas are cheap man :)

As to when to sell. I think it partially depends on if you're needing to sell now or looking to get the most $$ for it. You may have to sell for a little lower now than in the spring. You've got so much into that car that it's going to be hard to figure out the right price.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awe man, that's sad to hear. But I have to admit, I mentioned to Mike a long time ago that your car, with all that power, is going to be a lot to handle on a track. If you can swing a track car AND the Exige, do it. The Lotus is such a unique car within a small niche of cars and then you've gone and made it even moreso that it's worth keeping if you still like it. Miatas are cheap man :)
Dude! What's up! Long time no speak! Yeah, I hear you. It's a great car and I love it. But I think I am ready to move on from it at this point. Maybe if I had enough room in the garage, I'd keep it around. But that's not the case. With a Miata and my Autozam, the garage would be full... don't feel like parking a track car outdoors. But I must admit that I *have* thought about just picking up the Miata and keeping the Exige. Small chance I may still do that. However, the sale of the Exige could fund A LOT of track time and tires!

·
Registered
378 Posts

San
Someone may want a Lotus under the Christmas tree, no? :D

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
What will insurance cost you if you wait until spring?

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
List it on this forum!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I dont think sports cars, exotics, classics, speciality vehicles, or rare cars have a “time of the year” that sells better. Car fanatics look at cars for sale year round, a little cold weather doesnt scare them.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
If you can't drive it home......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts