The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Exige is “sheltering in the garage” at the moment and having just worked with my son to build a fairly high end desktop computer for CAD and CGI I’m wondering if there are any good iracing simulators that mimic the Elise or Exige. I would also appreciate any suggestions on good VR based simulation equipment? - thanks

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am a fan of Fanatec, they make some really good stuff. I have one of their wheels and a couple sets of their pedals along with the sequential and gated shifters. I have these attached to a Playseat cockpit. I use it on consoles driving games as well as in a VR setup that I have for my gaming PC. PC games I like to play are: Dirt series, Assetto Corsa and the Project CARS series.

Reactions: mattjk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
La Canyons mod for Assetto Corsa has a Lotus Exige S. I've just tried it a few days ago. Not bad... needs a lot of tuning but the graphics are great. With Rift S Goggles, it's a pretty awesome experience.

Reactions: Mobius97

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,405 Posts
La Canyons mod for Assetto Corsa has a Lotus Exige S. I've just tried it a few days ago. Not bad... needs a lot of tuning but the graphics are great. With Rift S Goggles, it's a pretty awesome experience.
That looks like a fun setup.

I've driven the Exige in Assetto Corsa but not in anything else. I've not seen it as an option in Iracing and just haven't tried in Project Cars, not sure if it is there or not. I have a Fanatec wheel and pedals, not the direct drive as pictured above but the step down. I also have the Fanatec shifter, I really like it but you really need to have a solid mount for it. I'm using an Obutto rig but now that I've stepped up to VR I would just build my own or go to a motion rig, there are a few affordable options on those now. I'm on a fair bit now if anyone wants to turn some laps together.

·
Registered
747 Posts
After you guys mentioned it, and I saw it on sale on Steam, I bought Asseto Corsa. It's got an Elise S/C and Laguna Seca, both of which I'm super familiar with, as that's my car and I live near Laguna Seca. So, I did some laps, and wow, I'm within 2 seconds of my real car's laps and the feel is right. What's missing is the G forces, so in the game, I go into turns too hot, but on the flipside, I'm not afraid to brake late. I'll have to make a side by side video :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts