The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For new owners...do not set off your alarm in your garage...it is LOUD!!!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Matt,
My wife did it first weekend I had the car, she reached in to feel the leather seats , YES it IS very loud!!
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Another bit of advice. Pay when you pick up the car. It lessens the sting. :)

I paid Symbolic today. Wrote a check for full price. I left thinking I was nuts for paying this much for a car. I thought I was buying a $40k car. Along the way, it turned into a $50k car. :eek:

I drove off thinking, why am I not happy I finally got the car? Because I don't have it... yet.

But soon. Monday.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Randy- Glad you were able to come up with the funds. ;) My turn is in a couple of months. Come Monday you'll forget all about cost, cause that when the fun part starts. :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Another bit of advice. Pay when you pick up the car. It lessens the sting. :)

I paid Symbolic today. Wrote a check for full price. I left thinking I was nuts for paying this much for a car. I thought I was buying a $40k car. Along the way, it turned into a $50k car. :eek:
But soon. Monday.
Now that you did the deed, did they try to tack on any bloat fees to the tab? Dealer Prep? Doc Prep + profit? Anything like that?

How does reg/title work -- does symbolic still do the title for you, or do you get the Certificate of Origin when you pick up the car?

This kindof falls in between the "buying out of state" and "buying locally" rulebook, so I'm curious to know how it pans out.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I didn't pay too much attention actually. It was a little crazy.

I believe I am paying exactly what the window stickers says.

$39,985 MSRP
$795 Delivery
Touring
Sport
Film

Sub Total was $45,605.00

Document Fee was $45.00
License Fee $327.00

The rest was sales tax of $3537.88

Grand Total was $49,514.88

Took about 12 minutes, signed a few papers. I am buying the car directly from Symbolic so they register it. I will get plates in a couple weeks.

I did have to get a special temporary operating copy that affixes to the windshield.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What am I missing. . . . .why did you pay for a car you don't have? :confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yes, Saffron.

I loved CO... but two things. One, the price. Two, I am a little too conservative I guess. An orange car seems out there to me. Even though I think it looks gorgeous. I also want Nightfall Blue.

I had a LOT of trouble deciding on a color.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Yes, Saffron.

I loved CO... but two things. One, the price. Two, I am a little too conservative I guess. An orange car seems out there to me. Even though I think it looks gorgeous. I also want Nightfall Blue.

I had a LOT of trouble deciding on a color.
i don't know why i thought you were getting CO, maybe just because you always seem to think highly of it in your posts.

Only on this board does someone explain that they chose BRIGHT YELLOW because they are conservative ;)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I bought mine at Ascot, and I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop on the price, but as I've posted in another thread, it was, far and away, the easiest, fastest, cleanest deal I've ever had for a car. Sticker price, plus $25 state fee for the temp tags (till I registered in my home state). No processing fees, no dealer-mandated options, no nothing. Sweet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
that makes me happy cuase I'm buying at Ascot...keep me happy and it probably won't be the last car I buy from them....I'm thinking Rolls next
JK
-Mike

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
FYI-Rothrock will be offering their demo in 70 days or so. They told me they plan to have a very small premium on it (2-3K). Not bad if you can't wait...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rothrock will never get a dime of my money!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts