The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently supercharged my elise and installed a AEM wideband in the dash. Not a bad install except that most of the dash had to come out. Worked great for 3 months and now it is on the fritz. I called AEM and they want me to send the unit in for repair. Thats couple hours to take it out, a few weeks for repair (dash still out) and then they send it back and a couple hours back in. I asked if I could just pay for a new one and then have them reimburse me when they get the old one but I have not heard back yet. Warning to those thinking about this gauge, It sure looked great while it was working... but silly when its all black. Gauge started going bad by saying that the sensor was not install, then the next time i turned the car on it said "waiting" then the next time it flashed red like it was dieing , then .... it died.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
The only other thing you can do is purchase another, install it while removing the bad unit, and then eBay the repaired unit when it arrives. No down time, one install. Best of luck.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats probably what I will end up doing . I would of spent twice as much on a gauge if I knew I was getting a quality unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts