The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just to revive this.....I own the car, and I have these skirts still on it. They’re incredibly strong, flex fairly easy, and look great even after all the years. I’ve pulled them off a few times and re installed them with nutserts in the front. 3m double sided tape on the rocker, and use the last 3 tray bolts for the rear. They’re on solid as a rock, and I put a silicone black caulk bead around the top just to finish off the look. If anyone would be interested in these I was speaking with another local forum member about reproducing them and think if there is enough interest we would move forward. Price point will still be really reasonable IE under $500 a set, and would be making them out of a similar material that would have slightly more flex to them as they are now are quite ridged when secured with the bolts instead of pure double sided method.
I have been thinking of making something like this. I would be in for a set, especially after hearing your experience with them.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.