The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Anyone know how to apply this to an exige? Would love to save some weight by removing the latch.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures and a quick video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SaKQZgezLo4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SaKQZgezLo4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
thats sweet, I never knew how the exiges opened (latch on left of drivers side inside cabin) until I bought mine, a latch in the back would be nice I suppose but not necessary.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Can you use this with the sector 111 lid bone?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
:huh:

You're not sure what you paid? Isn't that, I dunno, bad financial strategy?

But either way, the functionality of that must be good, and it blends with the car.
Yeah I would agree but for me cars are not about financial strategy. :shift:

Chris

·
Registered
213 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions on the placement of the retaining rod?

I'm eyeballing it from the pictures above but that doesn't seem like the best idea. :shrug:

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
So just to better understand, these use a different key than the ignition, correct? Has anybody tried to fashion the standard keyhole into this assembly?

Is there a way to make it so that it's always unlocked and you can just lift up the hatch, and you can lock it when you want to? Sorry to be a bit thick here

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So just to better understand, these use a different key than the ignition, correct? Has anybody tried to fashion the standard keyhole into this assembly?

Is there a way to make it so that it's always unlocked and you can just lift up the hatch, and you can lock it when you want to? Sorry to be a bit thick here
Yes

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
So it's safe to say that with an Allen wrench this latch won't come off? :) I think you've saved my life cause I'm doing a mod where this will come handy!!

Question, what happens with the alarm sensor connection?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bringing back an old thread...

Has anybody else done this mod? Looks pretty slick.

The forward panel that is glued to the underside of the hatch, that the stock trunk mechanism bolts to with two bolts, came loose some time ago after too much pressure was used to close a full trunk. Since then the latch has been held on only by the rear two bolts and has work well enough but it has always bothered me. I just did a half assed job trying to JB weld the front panel back up and failed miserably. Was considering taking the hatch off and doing a proper job securing the panel correctly (maybe with 3M panel adhesive?) but may do this instead.

Any other experiences with the AeroCatch? How does the pin mount? Looks like Phil had some DIY writeup but it is no longer online.

Thanks for any info.

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts