The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05' Project Fennec
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the AFR reading from the stock 02 sensor to show up on the GARW dash. I am able to pick it up on my OBD reader so I feel like it should be possible to pull the signal onto the dash.

Does anyone know the proper canbus ID to use in the GARW settings to pull up the AFR from the stock O2 sensor?

I am planning to run cables for oil pressure and temperature sensors and just want to know If ill need to run one for AFR as well.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
The problem is that it that the signal you want is not a "Published" value on the CAN bus. It has to be "Polled" to get the value which is what your OBD reader is doing. Therefore, your answer is "No".

When I did mine, I ran the WBO2 in via an analog input then scaled it appropriately.

Sorry,
Eldon

·
Registered
759 Posts
if you wanted, there are two unused bytes in the '05 gauge cluster CAN packet. it is possible to patch in some data that is then sent automatically. the oxygen sensor voltage (or signal from a wideband that is attached to the ecu) could be sent this way. this would entail custom ecu firmware, but i don't think it would be too hard to do.

·
Registered
05' Project Fennec
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good input, I did assume it was a wideband sensor but the 4 wire connector probably should have clued me in. I will just install a second wideband o2 sensor and run the signal along with some of the other sensors I am adding up to the dash. Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts