The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody recognize this AFR gauge? I tried to do an image search on google and I have not found a match yet. As far as I can see there is no branding on the gauge.

I need a new wideband O2 sensor and I want to make sure I get the right one...or doesn't it matter?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
No idea. You could probably pull the sensor and find a stamped part number to search.

When I swapped an Innovate wideband for AEM on my S2000 I found they used the exact same Bosch sensor.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes, sensor type does matter. There are a couple of different kinds. There are also a bunch of junk AFR gages on the market that use narrow band sensors, so make sure it isn't one of those.

It should be easy to identify the sensor if you pull it off.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
You may like this one: the LED colors and ranges are reconfigurable via your laptop, and it comes with a nice Bosch O2 sideband sensor and controller: (ignore the water/methanol controller pictured to the left of the gauge).

Innovate Wideband AFR | Really Light Stuff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Looks like autozone junk!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, sensor type does matter. There are a couple of different kinds. There are also a bunch of junk AFR gages on the market that use narrow band sensors, so make sure it isn't one of those.

It should be easy to identify the sensor if you pull it off.
It's definitely wide band...that I know for sure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like autozone junk!
Really? Given the money the original owner spent on upgrades for this car, I would think it's the best money could buy. There wasn't much else held back that's for sure. This would have been circa 2010...

Forgive my ignorance, just curious what makes it look like autozone junk?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Sorry if that offended you. I really did not say that to slam you or your car.

With that said......

A. Most major well known reputable company's that make gauges love to put their logo in the gauge or on the face.
B. Why put a needle on it? Even when I was flying aircraft in the 90's we had almost got rid of steam gauges. 2010.......We had a grasp on digital gauges and outer range markings by then.
C. It looks like your missing an on/off knob, or reset knob and are just left with a post to push. I cant really identify what that is.

Like I said before, not meant to slam you. In my honest opinion it looks Chinese or Indian, you may find a sensor on E-bay or Alibaba.com. Remove the gauge, inspect it, get the make off it if it has one and fill us in with more data, then we may be able to help you! Posting a generic picture does not help much.

Please follow up with what you found. We all go cheap once in a while for our own reasons. I have done it myself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry if that offended you. I really did not say that to slam you or your car.

With that said......

A. Most major well known reputable company's that make gauges love to put their logo in the gauge or on the face.
B. Why put a needle on it? Even when I was flying aircraft in the 90's we had almost got rid of steam gauges. 2010.......We had a grasp on digital gauges and outer range markings by then.
C. It looks like your missing an on/off knob, or reset knob and are just left with a post to push. I cant really identify what that is.

Like I said before, not meant to slam you. In my honest opinion it looks Chinese or Indian, you may find a sensor on E-bay or Alibaba.com. Remove the gauge, inspect it, get the make off it if it has one and fill us in with more data, then we may be able to help you! Posting a generic picture does not help much.

Please follow up with what you found. We all go cheap once in a while for our own reasons. I have done it myself.
No worries Gun Pilot. Those gauges were on the car already when I purchased. It was disclosed that the wideband sensor needed replacing. After dealing with much bigger issues, it's now time to focus on the little things.

BTW I actually prefer to see the needle, but luckily it has both needle and digital display.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I was looking in the engine last evening and it looks like I have an EFI wideband amplifier box. I assume the sensor has to connect to this for some reason.

I don't know much about this stuff...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts