The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPS dropped these off few days ago. I was going to get my 3rd set of A048s but saw good reviews on the A052s:

for a while they sat in the rack:

FedEx came by....InoKinetic RAC Monolites. Thank you Shinoo.

Keeping the LSS wheels and still have life in the A048s:

Will these centercaps fit? they are the tall ones.

Yes they do!

Finally off to the tireshop:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I don't have time today to mount on the car and may very well put aside until I get other things done on the Elise...so a quick shot of them before I put 'em on the rack:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Sick! My favorite wheels. Crazy light.
Totally random question: are you going to keep the boxes? lol I've lost the ones for the front or rear. Have to double check. Been looking to get another box. Thanks.

Reactions: goelise

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sick! My favorite wheels. Crazy light.
Totally random question: are you going to keep the boxes? lol I've lost the ones for the front or rear. Have to double check. Been looking to get another box. Thanks.
Hi shay2nak - I just had these mounted yesterday and when I collected the rims and tires the boxes were discarded. :(

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally put them on..

for stock oem Elises the factory tire sizes using A052s fills the wells perfectly filling it better than A048s with LSS Wheels. Its about as even to the fender as you can get without going over.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
NICE! My favorite wheel! I still have my LSS wheels, which are my second favorite wheel behind the RACs of course.

I was always a fan of the gunmetal finish, but that's not offered anymore.

great looking Elise, and you have the GRP taillights too! Another purchase I want to get someday.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Just a heads up. @shinoo prefers that these are referred to as Monolites, without the RAC prefix. There is a story/reasoning behind it, and I'll let him explain it. I think it would be courteous to respect his wishes, as he's the only one allowed to market these and we should support our vendors. Obviously Shinoo will send me a set of free Monolites, right? :)

San

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
First Street Drive impressions...I felt the differences right away just driving off, first in the steering and second in the way the car feels just as planted as A048s with the a052s but able to soak up some of the smaller bumps better. Definitely loving the A052s combined with the Monolites.

I chose the Monolites primarily for its lightweight and being forged - for looks I do like it (especially in silver, yeah I know I'm in the minority), its growing more on me. Especially after driving with them on I am seeing why folks like them so much for our lightweight cars.

Considering a set of Ultradiscs, looks like it will work with my stock calipers but lighter and be very durable:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just a heads up. @shinoo prefers that these are referred to as Monolites, without the RAC prefix. There is a story/reasoning behind it, and I'll let him explain it. I think it would be courteous to respect his wishes, as he's the only one allowed to market these and we should support our vendors. Obviously Shinoo will send me a set of free Monolites, right? :)

San

1 - 14 of 14 Posts