The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally buttoned up my rebuild thanks to the help from many guys on this forum. It was a nightmare but Im glad I spent the time and trouble to do it, as I learned a lot! We all shared a great deal of laughs at my follies, from the alternator punching a hole in my firewall, , hooking up the battery in reverse polarity, to hooking up the coolant lines wrong and water getting into the motor (thought originally it was the headgasket, so I removed the head , then I was informed after that process my coolant lines were running to the wrong ports).

After getting the motor rebuilt, put back in the car, I sent the car over for some tuning and wiring clean up work to DDR performance. What a good group of knowledgeable guys. They ended up fixing some minor oil leaks, extending wiring harness for the clam hinge, wiring tuck, getting my efi 1.2 updated and functional, tuning as well as just cleaning up the car in general. Here are a few pics:

This is the condition I left my car in with DD since I took the liberty to unhook the wiring harness thinking Id buy a new one:

Heres the wiring tuck:

taillight harness extended so I dont have to unhook the tails every time I raise the rear clam:

New filter/intake setup, and custom EFI box to cover up the computer.

Anyway, the cars mods are as follows
-BOE 11.5 Nikasil block
-Jim Clayton non ported head with ferrea valve train
-PPE headers
-Vision function muffler
-Non Intercooled/Very old Greddy supercharged Katana Kit from 06.

Misc:
-Sector 111 oil pan
-Fidanza flywheel/ACT Clutch
-EFI 1.2 Stand Alone

Final Dyno Numbers on a very conservative tune:

Im pleased with the numbers, and more pleased to have my car back and running!! So lets all throw back a cold one in light of me FINALLY completing this project.
:coolnana:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dave and Jason over at DDPR are great. They definitely know there stuff. You left your car in excellent hands. I'm picking up my 2zz Spyder from them on Friday, I cant wait to drive it back.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave and Jason over at DDPR are great. They definitely know there stuff. You left your car in excellent hands. I'm picking up my 2zz Spyder from them on Friday, I cant wait to drive it back.
I saw many Mr2's there. They were all very clean! Which one was yours? Any links on your car? I'd love to see it. Possibly have a Lotus Mr2 gathering sometime ?

Dave and Jason Run an awesome establishment. I am very pleased with their service.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I saw many Mr2's there. They were all very clean! Which one was yours? Any links on your car? I'd love to see it. Possibly have a Lotus Mr2 gathering sometime ?

Dave and Jason Run an awesome establishment. I am very pleased with their service.
Mine was the silver with the black hardtop.

Here is a link with my build and dyno on the last page.

Triz's 2zz Swap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts