The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of getting the signals shaved on my Elise at some point, but it would be nice to keep the original clam just in case.

Is there any aftermarket retailer selling a front clam that has been manufactured with the seam filled in and the turn signals shaved? I know there are potential problems with getting the shaved signals to stay blended with the rest the clam over time, so it would be nice if there was an option to buy one that had this done during manufacture.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Talk to Greg’s Race Parts, he sold me mine, but it was filled in after by his supplier it looks like. There shouldn’t be any issue with ghosting if it is done right. Mine has sat two years now and didn’t show any ghosting when I last looked a few months ago

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a clam that I would gladly have this done to for you. It looks so much cleaner. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
A good fiberglass shop can easily glass those holes without issue. I had the side marker lights removed and glassed in on my black 07 Exige S and you never knew it. Looked factory for years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talk to Greg’s Race Parts, he sold me mine, but it was filled in after by his supplier it looks like. There shouldn’t be any issue with ghosting if it is done right. Mine has sat two years now and didn’t show any ghosting when I last looked a few months ago
Two years isn't all that long, but that sounds like a good option if it's at least commissioned by the manufacturer.

A good fiberglass shop can easily glass those holes without issue.
The difficulty is finding such a shop.

·
Administrator
5,046 Posts
Two years isn't all that long, but that sounds like a good option if it's at least commissioned by the manufacturer.

Any Corvette shop or Marine Fiberglass shop ought to be able to handle.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts

The previous shop that did it for me had ghosting the very first summer, so two years is already about ten times longer, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts