1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
All depends if you want to keep a "stock" look or not. Either way, I'd save the original seats for the next owner.

·
He's on fire!
3,086 Posts
expect that you won't be able to fit two of them in the car. You may even have to remove your passenger seat to get *one* to fit.

You didn't ask, but I'm not sure why you'd *want* to put either of those examples in the car as they are hideous. Get the stockers fixed to your liking :)

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
There's a reason all the Lotus seats get snapped up by Miata owners... Nothing else proportioned that small and light is available.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
In my 2005 the stock seats are perfect except they have no padding and the lumbar pillow is located halfway up my back. There is a thread in here where someone opened them up and fixed all that. It isn't especially hard or difficult, just a special job. If you are going to make a change, that is how you do it. Synaptics3 in NH has a thread on their website showing their custom seat rebuilding for an Elise customer. Pretty cool pics.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you are really lucky you can find a Lotus Sport Elise owner who wants to sell theirs (Sorry, not me). MTribe sold his a while back, here is the pic he posted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help I am going back to the upholstery shop tomorrow and I will ask them what they think was just looking to get a little imore padding as well as a face lift.

Thanks for the replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts