The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for seats for my 91 ESprit SE and the Sparco F300 R caught my eye.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to fit them, how they look an if there were any issues getting them in?

I'm also very open to ideas for other aftermarket seats-

THANKS

·
Registered
576 Posts
I put Lotus Elise shells in my 89 SE. I absolutely love them. They fit me perfectly and give more leg, head, and seat travel room. Also several pounds lighter!
However, they will only work if you are average in size.
The Elise shells were from a wrecked car and needed a recover so I added an extra 1/2" of foam over the stock.
Haven't sat in the Sparco seats, but did consider in past.

Randy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Randy - I was actually wondering about the Elise seats as well. I will start my hunt for a set

·
Registered
576 Posts
Shady, Travis(Vulcan Grey) posted a picture of his interior with Elise seats a couple days ago on the Elise steering wheel swap thread. I will try to post pic of mine. I actually have an extra set, but I am not ready to sell yet.
Randy

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I'm 6'2" with very long legs, short torso, so I needed more room for my legs. The Elsie seats are so thing that I now fit much more comfortably, and I can wear a helmet in the car without touching the roof panel.

The Esprit seat belt would have crushed my hip bones, so I also bought Elise seat belt receptacles and bolted them to the seat as in the Elise.

And I had to make a spacer for the other side to attach the seat to the frame.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've got a set in my touring car project. They're actually the same base as the Lamborghini Superleggera seats (without the same $5,000 pricetag)!

They're very narrow. Anything over a 33, 34 waist and they'll be too small for the actual person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts