The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this at www.seloc.org

calling 111r owners - be the first with an aftermarket exhaust system(at cost price!)
Janspeed are looking to develop an aftermarket sports exhaust system for the 111r

They are looking for an owner who wants to have their car used in the design for the new system

Janspeed would need the car for approximately 2 weeks in which to do the work, they will provide a car free of charge during this period, a new mini

The car would need to be driven to janspeed in Salisbury and collected.

The owner will get to buy the NEW system at cost and be the first person to have this unique exhaust

If you are interested then please email me at [email protected] for more details

Janspeed website is www.janspeed.com
So it looks like we will have some options...:cool:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Cheap bastards. "We'll gladly rag the sh1t out of your car and for you're trouble we'll sell you the resulting product at cost." Oh gee, where do I sign?

Hope they develop a nice product though. It's always nice to have options.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if they are going to have your car for 2 weeks you should get a free one:clap: but that is not our problem as these guys are in the UK:)

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Someone should post the rates to rent a 111R for two weeks. I know you get a Mini in exchange, but I really don't think anyone cares...

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I visited Race and Prestige a few weeks ago and they will be offering sport exhausts. They will also have a selection of different end tips available, and are planning on having a cold air intake that when used with the exhaust will increase horsepower and low end torque. I dont know if they want me to tell the results since they may still be working on it. I saw pictures of the protypes and they were very nice.

They already have a 111R of their own that they have been using since the beginning of the year to get ideas and results with so their system will probably be much better since it is not a rush job that has to be developed in a month or two by a company that designs multiple systems for a bunch of different cars.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sounds promising. May have to forget about the stage 1/2 dilema and just look to the aftermarket...a airbox/exhaust combo sounds nice.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
OK, let me get this straight, you want to flog the shi* out of my Elise for two weeks subjecting it to numerous dyno runs all so I can pay you what you have in the part.. SORRY NO DEAL.....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
perryeyges said:
OK, let me get this straight, you want to flog the shi* out of my Elise for two weeks subjecting it to numerous dyno runs all so I can pay you what you have in the part.. SORRY NO DEAL.....
As long as some punter does it, who cares!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I would want to see dyno's before swapping exh. the last thing i want to lose is more low end tq.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts