The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
if your talking "bolt-on" hondas have a lot more product available, if your talking "custom build" (it sounds like to me) then really an engine builder can do the same with any engine, for the most part at least... TRD offers high comresion pistons, and i know you can get rods, valves and springs, cams are an issue of how the engine is built, and would be specific to how you decide to go. the real headwork is all labor for flow. Really its all the same, lighter rotational mass, balance, and flow. The intake and exhaust will be specific to the elise anyways, irrespective of engine manufacturer.

I agree to go with the Toyota build first. a transplant is going to raise alot of other development problems (time and money) that could affect other aspects of the cars performance... who knows untill you try, at least with the toyota build, you know what your getting into.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.