The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some aftermarket wheels for my 2005 Elise, preferably 15x7,16x8 or 16x7,17x8.

Having issues finding wheels with stock, or close to stock offsets.

If anyone could link me to a thread, or give me some different wheels I could use that would be awesome.(without spacers is preferred)

Thanks,

-Ty-

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Check out sector111 and Blackwatchracing wheels sections. Just put a www. before, and a .com after their names. As you go with wider wheels, the offset will change from stock, but I haven't found it to be a problem. I use the RAC monolites and the Team Dynamics 1.4 wheels (16 X 7 front, 17 X 8 rear). I prefer to have light wheels with extra rubber for my Autocross and Track use. Be prepared to pay 2k to 3k for premium quality wheels. Some people swear by the less expensive Rota Torque wheels.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for all the info, i will check those out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a note the aftermarket wheels are going to be for show mainly, i use a spare set of lss wheels for track :p

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Please also read the TECH section on sector111's site. They give the weight of the wheels as a comparison in the chart (which I found useful). I would rather lose 5 pounds of weight in my wheels than 30 pounds of weight on the chassis (unsprung weight is the great satan).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've been looking at TE37's since I have a hook up with Ray's. Wasn't sure what offsets people were running on them though, thanks for the info. =)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Yeah I've been looking at TE37's since I have a hook up with Ray's. Wasn't sure what offsets people were running on them though, thanks for the info. =)
The Volks are very nice.
The TMRs are also very good and light.
Either will be about as good as it gets for a competition rim.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Enkei RPF1's work as well but need spacers (3mm spacers)

the spacers that were used for mine are from BWR & the factory lugs fit fine without needing extra length

also, the RPF1's only offer our lug pattern in 16x7/16x8... so you can stagger them but not with different rim heights

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Rota torques have been tough as nails for this HPDE car where a few tenths don't matter. If it was competition, it would be RAC Monolites all the way. Aren't they the lightest wheels available?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I love the Monolites, but, they are virtual unobtanium new right now. I ended up getting mine from the used market because of this challenge. If they aren't the lightest (for their widths, 7 inch front 8 inch rear), then they are certainly among the very lightest.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Please also read the TECH section on sector111's site. They give the weight of the wheels as a comparison in the chart (which I found useful). I would rather lose 5 pounds of weight in my wheels than 30 pounds of weight on the chassis (unsprung weight is the great satan).
And rotational mass is pretty evil, too!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
love my monolites..I lucked out buying the car with them.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Notorious,
There is a long thread on pictures of people's aftermarket wheels; I posted a pic of the monolites in that thread.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
not a great picture of the wheels but only side profile I've got. Gratuitous..I know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check out Tire Rack's TR-F1's. Lighter than almost any other that I found. 10.5 lbs front 12.0 rears. priced about a G less than most others as well. I really like mine. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts