The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of some aftermarket oil coolers for the V8 that fit/work? The factory ones are very expensive? I even took a look at getting some custom made here in the USA and they still were $500 each.
Dean

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,944 Posts
Does anyone know of some aftermarket oil coolers for the V8 that fit/work? The factory ones are very expensive? I even took a look at getting some custom made here in the USA and they still were $500 each.
Dean
Are you positive it's the oil coolers you need and not the hoses?

:no:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Setrab Oil Coolers

You could always just buy an oil cooler and mount it where ever you want. Hoses are cheap.

Just make sure it gets air flow. No reason to run it all the way to the front of the car. The passenger side air duct would be more than adequate for a big-old oil cooler and tranny cooler.

You are talking about oil coolers for an Elise right?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You are talking about oil coolers for an Elise right?
Since this is posted in the Esprit forum by a user with the name "2001 Esprit", I doupt it's for the Elise...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
y'know, tim, that's why you get the big bucks, great observation.
here i read the thread and wondered if it was for the early elise...at least that what was what i pictured.
amusing. my best, sam

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,944 Posts
y'know, tim, that's why you get the big bucks, great observation.
Tim developed his powers of observation looking for an Elise with Touring Suspension... :crazyeyes

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Tim developed his powers of observation looking for an Elise with Touring Suspension... :crazyeyes
rotfl Actually I thought about the same things when I first read the post. I had to double check... ;)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Oh well, it really doesnt matter what model you have if your just looking to install your own aftermarket oil coolers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts