The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did something that was sacrilegious to the Lotus philosophy. I just placed my order for a Plum Crazy 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody.

I am not replacing my Lotus, which has always been my dream car, I'm just adding something a little different to my arsenal.

I'll update this thread with pictures once I get some.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
It would only be sacrilegious if you tried to modify the Lotus to be a Hellcat! Drive what inspires you!! He who dies with the most sports cars...wins!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
What ever floats your BOAT! (Had to do it man, lol) Seriously though, congrats on the new ride. At least you will have two sports cars from opposite ends of the spectrum.

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Watched a track day video with a Charger behind a Elise looked like the Charger was going to swallow the Elise lol. Congrats!

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
Watched a track day video with a Charger behind a Elise looked like the Charger was going to swallow the Elise lol. Congrats!
Funny you said that. Reminded me of the time when the Charger came back out in and my buddy bought a black SRT8 with the big low air dam.

We went up to ride Ortega and he brought the car instead of riding and he stayed behind as the chase car.

Man... seeing that thing in the rear view mirror was really like looking at this big black monster with a big open jaw coming up behind you to swallow you whole.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I love my lotus but I still think I'll have an old school muscle car in the garage at some point.
I think having varied tastes is just a sign of a mature enthusiast

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have my late father's influence on the old school muscle. I remember when I was a kid working with my dad on his collection of Chargers and Challengers. I can remember him having 6 Chargers all different years and 4 Challengers also of different years, but I do know he had more than that before I was born. At one point he had 2 1975 Chargers so he gave one of them to my mom as a birthday present to keep his collection of 1 per model year.

I think this car will be a way to keep my dad's love of Dodge muscle alive.

·
not your dad's puns
1,751 Posts
Good on ya! I just see this as different tools for different jobs.

Precision surgery on track, and open-air canyon carving? Lotus.

Terrorizing villagers, and general hooliganism? Hellcat. ;)

Seriously though, a Challenger is one of the few recent "heritage" muscle cars I would consider, because of the IRS (Camaro being the other).

·
Registered
298 Posts
One sports car and one muscle car - nothing wrong with that I suppose lol. When you go to cruise or hangout -- the muscle car crowd will love the Hellcat. Buuuut when you have the Lotus out, the muscle car guys love the Lotus too - and with the Lotus you can also hang out with the sports car folks and the exotic car folks -- everyone loves the Lotus!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Buy stock in your favorite tire company!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny you should mention this. Last week Mrs. Veg and I were on vacation and our rental car was a Challenger SXT (the low-end, V6 model). This is what they gave me at the airport when I asked if they had any Mustangs... :D Anyway, Mrs. Veg fell in love with it and now she wants one! The SXT is fine for her, as she's a really mellow driver. She likes the retro looks and how it rides. But for a big heavy V6 it has a little gitupngo, and at least by the claimed numbers gets to 60 almost as fast as my former Turbo Esprit.

We'll prob'ly take one home within a few weeks.

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up my car on July 5th! >:) This thing is a monster. 6.2L high output V8, 2.7L supercharger at 14.5 psi boost, 797 hp and 707 lb-ft.

Here are some promised pictures. The yellow splitter protector is coming off. I have a heavy-duty splitter guard that protects and looks a lot better.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts