Votes: 43 5.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Age of Elise owners (or to-be owners)

In the UK the age of Elise owners seems to vary quite a lot - empty-nesters and 20-somethings alike. It seems like a lot of the posts on this board mention people's kids, making me thing the general age is higher...

·
Registered
41 Posts
how old is everyone?

Just wondering how old everyone is.

Seems like everyone here is fairly experienced with driving, and usually in the 30-50 range from what I can gather, but am probably wrong. Anyway, I'm 24. Put my down payment down today. Felt kinda almost out of place doing it with everyone wondering what I do for a living etc.

eh ok i can't figure out how to make this a poll thread but anyway, how old are all you members?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I'm 30 years and a few months, but incapable of accepting the socio/psychological responsibilities required to be a "30s" guy. Therefore, I'm voting "20s". Deal w/ it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
26 here.....I know what you mean....I walked in to Rothrock outside of Philly yesterday to inquirer about ordering an Elise. I got the feeling they thought I couldn't afford it. ( I pulled in in a modded Orange 350z Track that retailed for $38,000 with over $10,000 in mods including stop tech 14's front and rear) I'm use to it by now. I'm 26 and I've bought 7 cars since I was 17 (none of them beaters). Some times the way a dealer acts can turn me away from a car. I was going to purchase an Acura type R four years ago and the dealer wouldn't let me test drive it....not even the used one on the lot. If I don't like the way the sales man acts becuase of my age... I leave. Thats one of the reasons I will not be placing my order at Rothrock....and the 1 1/2 to 2 year wait he quoted me on. They have 66 orders that haven't been delivered.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Rothrock... It's a pity that you've encountered such treatment. Even at (soon-to-be) 37, I still receive such treatment from time-to-time.

But with the Elise, I wonder if some dealerships are a bit aloof (or even snide?) because they already have their first year allocation sold and have deposits well into their 2nd years' allocation?

Bob

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Smura,

I also put down my deposit when I was 28, and will be 31 when I get the car. Interesting that we also put down our deposits at the same place only hours apart!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts