The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering what the average age of the customers who have placed a deposit on an Elise.
My dealer told me that he had more than several teenagers and with their parents place deposits for them.

Curious

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
36 years old...

... and it's my own hard earned money! Of course if anyone wants to buy me an Elise, I won't argue! :p

Bob K.

·
Registered
327 Posts
33 years old. It'll be tough to pay for, but where there's a will.....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
34, it'll be the first new car I've bought, in a poignant way kinda hoping for 7/month delievery to buy myself an extra month to save.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
17 female my parents are buying it for my graduation at first I was looking at Porsche Boxster but after I saw the Lotus Elise at Scottsdale Lotus I knew I had to have it. It is a perfect little car and way so cute. I just wish they had a larger color selection. I hope I could convince my girl friends to consider an Elise instead of the BMW Z4.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Damn I feel old...

Everybody that replied is younger than me! Sheesh. When I was 17 years old, I was driving a 1970 Thunderbird! (But damn I loved the big block 429 FE motor!) :D

I'm getting Bordeaux with the black, full leather interior (Touring Package.) At least... that's what I think now. My decision seems to waver between Bordeaux, Storm Titanium and Magnetic Blue. :(

Bob "over the hill" K.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
32 years old, 3 Lotuses purchased previous ownership 1995 S4s purchased new and 1998 Lotus v8 2005 Elise on order

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Old?

When I was 17 I was driving a 1965 Oldsmobile. It was an old person's car back then. :eek: Traded it in on a Pontiac GTO soon afterwards.

I have kids older than some of the people on the Elise list. :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
samantha2003 said:
Hi,
17 female my parents are buying it for my graduation at first I was looking at Porsche Boxster but after I saw the Lotus Elise at Scottsdale Lotus I knew I had to have it. It is a perfect little car and way so cute. I just wish they had a larger color selection. I hope I could convince my girl friends to consider an Elise instead of the BMW Z4.
Samantha, please, for your life, for you cars life, and for our insurance premiums, take some performance driving courses. The elise is "cute," but it can be a beast to handle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do not tell your friends

PS. Samantha. Please do not try to convince your other friends to buy this car until 2006. I believe that the model they bring out then will be more suitable for "the average driver". The last thing you and all of us need are more people on the wait list.

;)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts

I don't know how teenagers get insurance for a car like this. I tip my hat to these tender-aged teens who can pull off a coup like an Elise. Keep living your life with such passion!

It'll be my first Lotus. Other cars owned: Mini, M3, 911, 325, GTI, 99, Civic DX, R12GTL (my high school car). Motorbikes: M900Sie, 900SS, FZR400, GS500e.

Can ya guess what color I want? :D

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I'm 26. I'll be 27 in a month and hope that my car comes before I turn 28... The Lotus will be a huge financial sacrifice for me, but I doubt that I'll regret it.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
21 here...

Unfortunately I'll be paying for the car on my own :p

Note to the "it's a cute car" kids:
I'll second what MW said... PLEASE TAKE A DRIVING COURSE THAT TEACHES YOU HOW TO HANDLE A MID-ENGINED PERFORMANCE CAR. We don't want you out there killing/injuring yourselves or others.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
samantha2003 said:
Hi,
*sniff* *sniff*

yup, definitely Troll.

I'm 31, I was 29 when I put the deposit down....

Steve

1 - 20 of 106 Posts