The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a few mods and a salvage title.

Kind of surprised you can fit 19" wheels in the front.

Looks mean -

$_57 (1).jpg

I wonder what the dyno will be with the turbos described.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
$40K is still a lot of money for a car with a Salvage Title. In many (if not most) States you cannot title and register the car with a Salvage title. It is possible in many States to get the car inspected after you repair the car to try to obtain a "clean" Title but there are no guarantees and it can cost a lot of money. Also, with all of the work on the car you would expect more than just 1 picture of the motor and that one has the engine cover on so you can't see anything.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
IIRC the salvage was not body or accident damage related, I believe this the Ex-Art Baldwin car that was repaired by Guy Therien (Portland) and the damage was due to a rear wiring fire at the ECU/fuse panel area. I saw the car when it was in Guy's garage and neither of us could believe how minor the damage was to result in a salvage title. Personally i like all of the mods, except one :) The down-swept exhaust exits look a little weird (IMHO)

·
My car sneezes
652 Posts
Quite a few mods and a salvage title.

Kind of surprised you can fit 19" wheels in the front.

Looks mean -

View attachment 1265706

I wonder what the dyno will be with the turbos described.
It all depends on how much boost it’s running. With a proper a/f ratio and 1.3+ bar of boost, it could make 500+ rwhp. Considering the mods, I’m guessing it’s making about 400rwhp.

·
S4s
697 Posts
This is Art's old vehicle. He said on Facebook that the car does not have as much horsepower as the car dealer is claiming. I saw the car at LOG years ago and you cannot tell it had any fire damage. Guy (in Portland or Seattle?) fixed it up really well. Art had a solid car before he sold it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts