The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Exige about a month before I put it away for the winter. I honestly forgot how it feels to drive the car. This is what it looks like outside today. I don't think I'll ever get to drive her again :(

Attachments

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
We were blessed with the blizzard down near Dayton, 15" total so far. Check out this 4' snow formation off our deck cover...it's made entirely of snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think I'll have to move! .. I got my '05 put together back in November .. and I had two days where I could drive it before winter set in!
This coming Monday it is supposed to get warm enough to melt the snow and dry out the roads.. so maybe I'll be able to pull off the battery minder and get my little jewel out on the road. This is the first year in the 28 that I have lived here in North Dakota, that I got to understand what "Cabin Fever" really means!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snow

That's an impressive snow drift Dave! Over here in Mentor we are set to get another foot or so - My back still hurts from shoveling this morning.

I'm going to try to get some skiing tomorrow. I figure if I can make it to New York, there should be plenty of powder and NO crowds:)

It sucks to actually be stuck your own home - I can't remember when this last happened -

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Just another reason why NJ is the best. Constant climatic state of mediocre weather..

·
Registered
836 Posts
This makes me start thinking I need a home somewhere south as well as one here in CLE.

I would think FL is more affordable at the moment, maybe a good time to pick up something,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
NJ is also the smelliest.
Thats just what we tell the outsiders so no more people come here...(theres a reason its the most densely populated state...its the best. ;))

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I miss Erie a lot until I see pictures like that. I don't miss the lake effect snow, the cold or the city never plowing anything other than the main roads. South of I80 you don't get the snow, just the cold. I remember one day the snow was so deep that it literally was higher than the hood on my car so it was coming over it. It was more skiing that day than driving.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Gentlemen... two words: Southern California

:D

I live near Columbus, and we got better than 20 inches. I did get the Elise out on Thursday, knowing bad weather was coming.

I have a two word response to So Cal:

Paid For

I don't mean the Elise, which I paid cash for. I mean the house, which we paid off early. You can do stuff like that in Ohio, instead of having your kids finish paying off your mortgage like other places.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I live near Columbus, and we got better than 20 inches. I did get the Elise out on Thursday, knowing bad weather was coming.

Paid For

I don't mean the Elise, which I paid cash for. I mean the house, which we paid off early. You can do stuff like that in Ohio, instead of having your kids finish paying off your mortgage like other places.

You'll have more equity in your house in SoCal. The potential for profit margin is also much higher.

Over-all, much better investment. Yes, I know the market is down. Doesn't make a difference.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts

Paid For

No reason why you can't pay off a house here too... (I have) ;)

Great place to visit, but to live there...I'd rather have snow :wave:
Hey, we get snow...
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=933014&postcount=109

the view from my back yard:

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
You'll have more equity in your house in SoCal. The potential for profit margin is also much higher.

Over-all, much better investment. Yes, I know the market is down. Doesn't make a difference.
You are right in general and wrong in particular. The land under our house is worth between ten and twenty times what we paid for the place. [Computed by using the two nearest recent sales on my street]. I live in the village that Les Wexner (billionare founder of Limited Brands) decided to remake. Our property is in the path of development and an extremely well-monied developer wants it. We want it too, so they can go around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spring!

Well, at any rate, I am really looking forward to driving the Exige in a few weeks. I'm sick of looking at it like this -

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Wow.... you could build computer chips in that garage !! :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, at any rate, I am really looking forward to driving the Exige in a few weeks. I'm sick of looking at it like this -
What are those metal stands supporting your wheels and where did you get them?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts