The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially thought the car was sputtering or misfiring, but it makes sense now that's "big brother" tapping me on the shoulder saying, you can't corner that quickly without going "spinny spinny", so I'm going to cut fuel to the engine to keep you "in line".

bap bap bapp bapp bapp bap BAP

oh ya, and there's this shiney light that comes on my dash too!!

:)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The Lotus traction control is definitely the best I've ever encountered. Ok, it's definitely the most fun while also being highly effective. The Corvette traction control is also hugely effective, but doesn't give you that 2-step "BAP! BAP! BAP! BAP!" chuckle-inducing ignition-cut.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
what year elise are you guys driving? The only time it should do anything is if you're spinning a tire under throttle... it's not stability control, it's only managing wheel slip. So it shouldn't do a thing if you're too fast through a turn (stability control which can apply the brakes to tires even if you're off the throttle) it should only act to limit power to an un-weighted tire that is slipping...

It seems downright bizarre saying it's actually "good" at anything. With the factory LSD i find the traction control is nearly useless becuase i can readily get the car sideways without it doing a thing... The only time it seems to have any consistent behavior is if it's wet and slippery and i'm at a stop and let the clutch out too quick it'll cut throttle, but it does nothing to make the car any safer at speed as far as i'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
All the Lotus traction control does is lower your insurance. All it will physically do is limit inside wheelspin on corner exit. Wow. Thanks for keeping us safe... now if you install a supercharger and run crappy tires and have a diff installed, it will mostly prevent you from corner exit throttle induced oversteer... which you should be able to easily control with your right foot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts