The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AIM MXS Strada dash plugged in to a wiring harness made for a stand alone ECU. Does anyone have guidance on how I can get the turn signals, high beams, etc. to work? Is it just a calibration in the AIM software? New harness that needs to be made? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ideally you need a harness that is compatible with the connector behind your OEM cluster.

If this dash needs to show rpm/speed/fuel then it needs to be able to grab the CAN signal.

If you are in fact only looking for turn signals, high beam, etc...those can be grabbed directly from the wires on the large connector behind the gauge cluster.

I searched but cannot find a pinout diagram for this connector. But it would not be that difficult to use a meter to try them one by one (there are only like 24 pins) while engaging beams, signals, etc to see which one you need to grab.

The wires aren't even that difficult to pop out of the connector if you want to intercept the signal without cutting the wire. Just write down the original pinout (and share it!) in case you need to revert to OEM later.

But certainly by now AIM makes a harness adapter cable that also grabs CAN, and the whole thing?

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts