The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Pretty awesome. Guessing this is more ideal for a dedicated track car though since smogging would require the factory dash in CA.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
You need the factory dash because one of the steps in order to pass smog in CA is that you have to have a working check engine light. Not sure if this dash has that feature.

You fail automatucally without it.

Here is proof.

Look at section B paragraph 6.

By the way, I know this for a fact because the technician almost failed me when he couldn't locate the CEL last year until I pointed it out to him.

http://www.smogtips.com/functional_inspection.cfm

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You need the factory dash because one of the steps in order to pass smog in CA is that you have to have a working check engine light. Not sure if this dash has that feature.

You fail automatucally without it.

Here is proof.

Look at section B paragraph 6.

By the way, I know this for a fact because the technician almost failed me when he couldn't locate the CEL last year until I pointed it out to him.

http://www.smogtips.com/functional_inspection.cfm

I'm surprised they need to see since they can read it through obd

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I'm surprised they need to see since they can read it through obd

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Yeah but in CA at least, you have to have a working light as well as the OBD. Stupid I know. Was ponderimg the black dash mod but this seems better since it is capable of so much more and not that much more in price than the black dash mod.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
By the way, you still cannot get these. You can order them but they are STILL having issues with Race Studio 3. Talked with them yesterday and today and they thought they could use the same sensor pickups in the software as RS2 and they aren't working correctly. They are having to recode the pickups for RS and are "claiming" end of this month possibly. I would say end of July for delivery would be more realistic

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Yea and they are seriously under the gun, there is a new Fiat Abarth that comes with one installed by the factory that is just a pretty tach until they get it working plus there is a major university race program that is supposed to get many of these and they are about to pull the plug from all the delays.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Any news from AIM

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Sam did you ever install the AIM MXG? How'd it turn out and if you have any pics or video lemme know!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
:up:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
How much bigger is the MXG than MXL/MXL2? Guessing binnacle cant be used?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts