The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I bought the Op-com thing and it let me know that I had knocked an airbag wire loose while installing a new stereo. (I had previously installed an airbag cutoff switch, so some of the wires were connected with spade connectors). I re-connected it, cleared the code, and all is well again.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
just to add info's also my odb reader ( d900) doesnt show anything as error is strored in the airbag ecu and not in engine Ecu. As airbag ecu is GM/siemens part vag software doesn't work, i have resolved it selecting Vauxhall astra 2004 model on opcom interface.
In my case the problem was the airbag squib that seems loose contact on road bump.
Resetted the error with opcom and light goes away and never come back on
Can't believe this worked for clearing my airbag light, but it did! Thanks Giorgio80!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey does anyone know if I can use the OP-COM software with a Tactrix Openport 2.0 USB/OBDII adapter? Or does the software only work with a proprietary adapter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Worked for me this weekend. Dipped my airbag cover and the light was on afterward. Removed it again and made sure the connection was clean and well seated. Picked up the scanner on Ebay for $17. At that price it's probably worth getting just to keep in the toolbox even if you don't have this issue (yet).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-45-STO001-Interface-OBD2-Op-com-Scan-Diagnostic-Interface-YD-296-Tool-New/152922872334?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I was having trouble with the software drivers as well so I downloaded them from this link, but then used the software from the mini CD that was included with the scan tool to run the diagnostics.

Opel Diagnostics - OPCOM V1.45 Setup & Installation: 5 Steps

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah I used the Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN OBD2 Scanner Code Reader +ABS/SRS Diagnostic Scan Tool with the Vauxhall / vx220 to clear the SRS light.

"It cleared the driver set belt too taught" error. Both airbag removed and 2.2 ohm resistors shoved into the connectors. I suppose I could delete the tensioners now.

If not for Lotustalk I'd not figured this out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks all, just ordered the most recent tool SpecFour just posted. Pulled my airbag when i installed my new shiny GRP carbon wheel and low and behold, got the dreaded airbag light. Hopefully it will clear it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quick update for all future people with the same problem. The OPCOM device worked. The hardest thing was getting the drivers updated before I could get the port to recognize and interface with the ECU. I also still happened to have an old laptop with XP on it collecting dust. Everything needed is on the CD, you just have to manually install the drivers since there is no .exe file for the drivers. Otherwise, the process is as follows:
1. Plug the device into the USB with the newly installed driver.
2. Fire up the OP-COM software.
3. Select 2004 --> Astra-G --> Body --> Airbag
4. Turn the Ignition to "On" (The engine does not need to be running however)
5. The device should now be recognized, and select "Fault Codes"
6. Select Clear Codes
You should then be good to go.

·
Old Lotus guy
4 Posts
Installing the Op-COM device drivers

I was able to run the Op-COM software under Win10. The only issue is the device drivers are not digitally signed so you can't simply install them off the CD. I had to reboot Win10 with driver signing (temporarily) disabled, follow the instructions here: https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10:-disable-signed-driver-enforcement

Once the Op-COM device driver is installed I was able to follow the instructions above to check the air-bag system (no current faults) and clear the stored fault codes.

In my case the fault code had been set when the previous owner changed the steering wheel to a quick release wheel with no air-bag. I put the original steering wheel and airbag back in the car and once the fault codes were cleared the air-bag tell-tale stays off..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Worked great to clear my airbag light.
Is there any way to use the Op-Com to read/clear CEL?

Ive tried a heap of settings but cant get it.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
This car only uses the Opel airbag control module. The ECU is a completely different lump of hardware you talk to through the OBD2 port.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Quick update for all future people with the same problem. The OPCOM device worked. The hardest thing was getting the drivers updated before I could get the port to recognize and interface with the ECU. I also still happened to have an old laptop with XP on it collecting dust. Everything needed is on the CD, you just have to manually install the drivers since there is no .exe file for the drivers. Otherwise, the process is as follows:
6. Select Clear Codes
Thanks for this, just ordered my scan tool, hopefully I can get it to work.

Did you take any pix of the resistor install?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was able to run the Op-COM software under Win10. The only issue is the device drivers are not digitally signed so you can't simply install them off the CD. I had to reboot Win10 with driver signing (temporarily) disabled, follow the instructions here: https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10:-disable-signed-driver-enforcement

Once the Op-COM device driver is installed I was able to follow the instructions above to check the air-bag system (no current faults) and clear the stored fault codes.

In my case the fault code had been set when the previous owner changed the steering wheel to a quick release wheel with no air-bag. I put the original steering wheel and airbag back in the car and once the fault codes were cleared the air-bag tell-tale stays off..
This just worked for me as well on a Win10 laptop. My son came back from college to load the driver. I told him he would have to take a semester off if he "bricked" the car;}

·
Registered
13 Posts
6. Select Clear Codes
I’ve gotten the driver working and tested interface, and selected the settings as you recommended on step 3, ignition is on, but I get an error that “ECU does not reply”. See attached screenshot. Can I get more help to get this to work please.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Interface test good. Made all the selections and it’s using pin 12 yet I get ECU does not reply.

Anyone with any input on getting this to work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airbag light came on a couple weeks ago. Tried various scanners and nothing worked. Bought the OPCOM from Amazon and tried to use the software on the op-com.hu website. I found out after several attempts to activate (and several versions of software), that these are chinese copies without serial numbers.

I did finally find software that worked and I was able to read my code (airbag pretensioner), fix the issue, and clear the code. Here are the links to the OPCOM and software for future reference.

OPCOM on Amazon: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SC71ZC2/[/ame]
Software: Free download OPCOM Vaux-COM 120309a OP-COM FW 1.70 1.65 |Car Diagnostic Software

Hopefully this saves someone sometime. The steps mentioned earlier worked for me

1) Diagnostic
2) 2004 -> Astra-G
3) Body -> Airbag
4) Fault codes
5) Clear codes

·
Registered
18 Posts
The OP-COM diagnostic tool worked for me as well to help diagnose a problem with my airbag on/off switch install, and clear the airbag dash light. This thread is very helpful!

I bought this one, since it was the only one available with Amazon Prime 2-day shipping (all the others I saw on Amazon or eBay shipped from China), and none of the links above were still valid:

The software on the CD worked, and I installed it on an old laptop (with a DVD drive!), running windows 10. I was able to install the drivers without any issues (besides windows warning me that installing unsigned drivers is a security risk). I was glad that I still had that old computer, because I wouldn’t want to install clone software and unsigned drivers on a computer that was going on my network.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts