The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
When I purchased my car the airbag light came on a few weeks later but they reset it for free for me. I will also add (not sure if there is truth to it but it is what the Lotus tech told me). If the airbag light is on and you get in an accident, the bags will not deploy.

@whowasat Figured this out for the airbag reset from a post last month. Maybe he can chime in.

Per a previous post, I purchased the Foxwell NT630 Airbag reset tool from Amazon for about $150. Following the procedure below that was previously posted, I cleared the airbag light. Given that this could happen again, I felt it was well worth the cost.

Note that you cannot read the code, but you can erase the airbag code.

Step 1: plug in
Step 2: Select ABS & SRS
Step 3: Select Asian
Step 4: Select Daewoo
Step 5: Select (B)2011
Step 6: Select (EP) Epica/Tosca
Step 7: Select Body
Step 8: Select SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
Step 9: Erase Codes
Step 10: Yes

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I purchased my car the airbag light came on a few weeks later but they reset it for free for me. I will also add (not sure if there is truth to it but it is what the Lotus tech told me). If the airbag light is on and you get in an accident, the bags will not deploy.

@whowasat Figured this out for the airbag reset from a post last month. Maybe he can chime in.

Per a previous post, I purchased the Foxwell NT630 Airbag reset tool from Amazon for about $150. Following the procedure below that was previously posted, I cleared the airbag light. Given that this could happen again, I felt it was well worth the cost.

Note that you cannot read the code, but you can erase the airbag code.

Step 1: plug in
Step 2: Select ABS & SRS
Step 3: Select Asian
Step 4: Select Daewoo
Step 5: Select (B)2011
Step 6: Select (EP) Epica/Tosca
Step 7: Select Body
Step 8: Select SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
Step 9: Erase Codes
Step 10: Yes

I appreciate the reply. So is there a difference between the elite or non elite versions? Is the link I provided the one I need to get to reset it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Maybe if I needed to get through an inspection this week, but unless you are building a track car I don't see that as a permanent solution

I mean 150 bucks is probably what the dealer charges to do it once........not a big deal

·
Registered
365 Posts
will this work on my 2014 Evora S?

I also need to pass the yearly check. will I be able to pass it? meaning, will the computer tell them that the light has been reset. Usually you have to drive the car like 50 miles for that to not show up.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
will this work on my 2014 Evora S?

I also need to pass the yearly check. will I be able to pass it? meaning, will the computer tell them that the light has been reset. Usually you have to drive the car like 50 miles for that to not show up.
It should work on any of the S1s (I think someone had mentioned it not working on the 400s?). Standard OBD2 code resets sometimes track distance driven since reset, but I doubt the same would be true for safety systems since it's a separate control unit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
so I bought it and just tried it today and it did not work on my car...

I am at loss for what to do now. I will try to do it again tomorrow and report back. IT will be going back to Amazon otherwise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I am at loss for what to do now. I will try to do it again tomorrow and report back. IT will be going back to Amazon otherwise.
Wow I am just about to order mine today. What year/model is your Evora? Also did you make sure it was the Foxwell NT630 plus? As the past users mentioned that one specifically worked for them

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Never mind reread the thread. I see you have a 14 S. I wonder if that makes a difference at all....

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
i got the one in the link. so I am not sure what to do. I am going to return it back to Amazon
And you're sure the airbag light is on as a result of just the battery going flat? Is it possible that there's an actual fault with the airbag, or connector, or harness?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Foxwell scanner/reset tool is a Plus model
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072VGJ7S8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

It worked great on my Evora S and on a friend's Evora S as well Just use the sequence in the mobius97 post. Super simple.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone know if the same process works on 2017 Evora 400 ? I assume so, because its the same problem, but I thought I would ask.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Does anyone know if the same process works on 2017 Evora 400 ? I assume so, because its the same problem, but I thought I would ask.
400 should not have this problem as it was resolved in a firmware update prior to the 400 models being released. You likely need to check for actual faults in the SRS components first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good to know - thanks! I assumed it was this, because it came on right after the battery - yes - died in the Evora. I guess I need to make a long trek to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts