The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help in central Florida. My driver side air bag light will not go off (stay on all the time). Is there a lotus shop in central Florida that has the code and the experties to fix the drivers Air Bag light problem, if so please respond ASAP,help help help.

·
Registered
861 Posts
There is a resistor you can plug into the harness to turn the light off. It is used when you remove the airbag from the car. MIght not be a good idea if you are planning on keeping the POntiac Airbag wheel though.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Like it or not, one day that airbag could save your life. Could be a bad fuse or a plug not connected, you should do a visual check of the system first. I don't know about Florida but in many States you will not pass inspection with a warning light on. Sticking a bypass resistor in for the airbag can only turn the lite off if the airbag is the problem (or you just want to remove the airbag). When you sell the car it could be a problem if the SIR system is not operating.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like it or not, one day that airbag could save your life. Could be a bad fuse or a plug not connected, you should do a visual check of the system first. I don't know about Florida but in many States you will not pass inspection with a warning light on. Sticking a bypass resistor in for the airbag can only turn the lite off if the airbag is the problem (or you just want to remove the airbag). When you sell the car it could be a problem if the SIR system is not operating.
David Teitelbaum
Thanks David. You always give very good information please keep up the good work. I am in the Orlando, Fl area. I will contact Jim in the Orlando, FL area, he appear to be very informed on the lotus S4. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts