The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured most of you guys do a lot of your work in the garage at home and have air compressors. So, I loaned mine to a relative (big mistake, I know) and they brought it back with the attachment on the compressor for the hose broken off. This is also attached to the pressure regulator. Is the regulstor replaceable?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
A friend of mine told me that the reason he bought such a large air compressor was to prevent people from borrowing it. Not that he's selfish, he was just concerned about exactly what you described happening.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My compressor's bolted to the floor in the basement. I got tired of running out of air with the tools, so I bought the biggest one I could afford. No loaning this one out.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Funny, the compressor in my garage was loaned to me, about 6 months ago :D

Well, the guy I'm "borrowing" it from didnt have any storage space for it anyhow, so in a way I'm doing him a favor. Yeah, that's it!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The fastest way to turn a friend into a hated neighbor is to loan them money or tools. It seems once neighbors find out I have a lot of tools, and detailing supplies they want to borrow them. I actually have throw away detailing supplies that I loan out! The good stuff is way too expensive and they wouldn't know what to do with it any way. And tools, they never come back! Oh, I have drawers full of really cheep tools I have from garage sales I loan, never the good stuff.
Don't loan out your tools!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I need another compressor, since the nail gun uses a different size quick release than the rest of my tools. Finishing the house myself means that I get to spend all the money that I would have been paying the contractor on new tools.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts