The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been searching for info on replacing the stock paper air filter element with a K&N element, but when I look in the engine compartment I can't tell where the airbox is exactly. Sorry...I know that sounds kinduv dumb:shrug:

If someone could provide me instructions that would be great!

Thanks!

P.S. I've decided not to go the Radium root given what my dealer side about warranty issues.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
YOUR DEALER IS WRONG! CAI is perfectly acceptable! My "former" dealer recommended it to all purchasers!

·
Registered
878 Posts
air filter

Where is the is filter? And what is the procedure? I would like to know as well. I enjoy doing routine maintenance on our cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its in the massive plastic air box to the front-left of the engine compartment. The CAI is not a mod that will void warrantee and if they dispute a warrantee claim, it is up to them to prove the mod was the actual cause for whatever fault you might experience. Also the CAI adds a fun bark when you punch through the top end of the RPM range and adds a the best bang for your buck power wise. Also, keep your original intake and just swap it out if you need warantee work. It's an hour long procedure, probably less after the first time because you won't have to blindly find and cut the bottom zip ties. Instructions are straightforward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts