The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Elise SC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2006 Elise SC here in Canada and loving it so far! I was planning to take out the K&N air filter for cleaning but after doing research, I realize it is not easily accessible from the back side, and i dont have a jack/tools to access it from the wheel well side as well. Then I was thinking of just using paper filter for next season. Just wondering on thoughts/experience on how much the K&N or BOE foam filters improve performance, vs stock filters? How about CAI? I am concerned about CAI sucking all the road debris due to its placement, but also would love to hear more of the SC induction sound!

·
Premium Member
11,848 Posts
Use what BOE puts on their blown cars. Not K&N.

I imagine very little hp gain, but many of us like the intake noise a lot.

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
With BOE's ITG CAI you'll need to re tune.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just purchased a 2006 Elise SC here in Canada and loving it so far! I was planning to take out the K&N air filter for cleaning but after doing research, I realize it is not easily accessible from the back side, and i dont have a jack/tools to access it from the wheel well side as well. Then I was thinking of just using paper filter for next season. Just wondering on thoughts/experience on how much the K&N or BOE foam filters improve performance, vs stock filters? How about CAI? I am concerned about CAI sucking all the road debris due to its placement, but also would love to hear more of the SC induction sound!
Hi

Which elise sc did you buy?

·
Premium Member
11,848 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts